Tricia H., Home Buyer in Denver, CO

We are interested in buying a home in the new High Point development, north of Green Valley Ranch.

Asked by Tricia H., Denver, CO Mon Mar 18, 2013

Does anyone have any information as to the expansion of the development? We are hoping it will grow quickly. We'd like to see more shops, restaurants, a gym! What are your thoughts on the area? We were not impressed with Green Valley Ranch.

Answers

8
Lake Bishop’s answer
I currently live less than a mile from the new highpoint community and I stay up to date with what is going on with the development. There are plans to put a convention center on the north east side of the community. Here is a link to info on that http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2013/05/09/new-develo… As far as shopping goes it is about 15 min from the northfield shopping center. There are rumors that they will be building an outdoor mall similar to Southlands shopping center at E-470 and 56th. There has been a lot of infrastructure to support this idea they have widened the road out that way and put in very large new water lines. According to the developer that owns all the land High Point is being built on and surrounding communities there will be mulitlple shopping centers built along tower road near Pena. I hope this helps answer some of your questions if you want more insight give me a call. Let me know if this helps.

Lake Bishop
720-277-9219
LakeBishop.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 8, 2013
Tricia, I don't know if you are still looking for homes in Green Valley Ranch. I have started a Facebook page that I put every single property that comes available on. There are also people discussing different issues in the area. Here is a link to the web site. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1379589965607254/
Flag Fri Sep 20, 2013
Thank you so much! Your post was extremely helpful.
Flag Thu Sep 5, 2013
By the way, and this is directed to all who have responded, it may help you in the future to actually listen to what your clients are saying, asking for. Based upon your responses, I can say I am not interested in hiring any of you. I asked questions, and you all have provided me with very little in response. I take that as an indication of how you would handle our working relationship.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 19, 2013
Tricia,
You really should reconsider your position on not using a realtor to buy a home from a builder. The sales people in the model homes work for the builder, not you. They have the builder's interests in mind, not yours. You should have your own representation when negotiatingh with builders. Otherwise it's kind of like getting a divorce and hiring your spouse's attorney. We have saved our clients tens of thousands of dollars by helping them purchase a home from a builder.

Marianne Bandy, CRS
The Bandy Team
RE/MAX Professionals - Denver CO
"From Our Heart to Your Home"

303-746-7799 cell

Search All Homes for Sale in Denver Area
Web Reference: http://www.BandyHomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 19, 2013
I'm sorry, but I don't see where I said my position was to not use a realtor to buy a home from a builder? I don't recall stating that I intended on buying a home from a builder. I was trying to glean information about the neighborhood, but I see my attempts have gone nowhere. Thanks for your response.
Flag Tue Mar 19, 2013
All,

I believe my question was pretty much to the point. I am asking about knowledge of any new businesses and expansion to the area. I am not asking to hire a realtor, not asking about mortgage rates/loans, not asking about inventory, or to see any homes.

I have already visited their website, so I was hoping to hear from real folks. I am not so sure about the neighborhood being "up and coming", as it was built about 5 years ago and seems pretty stagnant business-wise. I do see homes being built, but no businesses.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 19, 2013
Hi Tricia,

Everything is posted on their website at:

highpointcolorado.com/

I just helped a buyer purchase in that area and you can

call me if you need any further assistance or have any other questions at 303-856-8980.

My website is:

DenverRealEstateNow.com

Ethan Besser
Keller Williams
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 18, 2013
High Point is an up and coming community with future plans that even include the light rail. The link below should give you more insight. Let me know if I can be of assistance in your search!
http://highpointcolorado.com/news/
Rachelle Paplow
Cherry Creek Properties LLC
(720) 839-2659 Direct
(303) 713-9000 Office
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 18, 2013
That's great. Congratulations. I've sold a nber of properties over there so I know it well. Homes are going fast so we can put you on an neighborhood notification system so you know what's going on over there and stay on top of the martket. Send me a quick message and we can set you up with a couple properties to see. Thanks
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 18, 2013
Great, Here to help. Im located minutes away. How can I help you? Also there is a great are 5 minutes to the north, with plenty of inventory, schools and a new Kin Soopers

Mike 303 720-1355