amkrout178, Both Buyer and Seller in Newtown Square, PA

We are interested in buying a home in Upper Chichester. Can you tell me about the school district?

Asked by amkrout178, Newtown Square, PA Mon Mar 11, 2013

Answers

3
Really late in this answer, but here it goes. The school district is not the best. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't buy a home here. The teachers and the school district itself is committed to improving the schools and they are doing a good job, however, you can't change demographics, and we are all over the place in this district. There are many, many children from Chester illegally attending there schools. Their parents give friends or relatives addresses in order for their kids to be able to attend these schools. This district has several townships attending schools, Upper Chichester township, Linwood, Trainer, and Marcus Hook, you can look these communities up and decide for yourself. Upper Chichester is more white collar while the others are more blue collar. Parent involvement with there children's schooling is questionable. I have a 1st grader as well as a 9th grader and the 9th grader is not attending the public high school, in the middle school there were many fights and disruptions to the classrooms and those incidences took prescience over the teaching.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 25, 2013
Hi, i too am really late in responding but i have two girls in the Chichester Middle School and they Love it! they are doing very well and are Honor Students, They have had no trouble and they love thier teachers. I have meant many of the teaching staff and the Principle, and although he has joined the Middle school last year, he has made and continues to make many improvements to the school, cirriculum and staff. Our schools are Clean and in my opinion, Safe. The Teaching staff works hard and have done a fine job handling kids of disciplinary issues - 0 tolerance. My children are involved in so many activities that our school has to offer. Great Music Program for one! Great Athletics department and Many Activities. The districts schools organize various sports activities, such as football, volleyball, basketball, baseball, soccer and softball. The districts campuses offer enrichment classes in art, music, band, choir, cheerleading, dance and orchestra.

The elementay School - Hilltop is, in my opinon and experience, one of the Best Elementary Schools in this area. Chi School District offers Autism programs, and special education programs for children with learning disabilities and physical and speech handicaps. Its schools academic curricula include English, math, science, social studies and language arts.
Hi, Realtors are prohibited by law from discussin school rankings, but I always point my clients to GreatSchools.org or other similar websites to do their due diligence. You can create a free account and save your favorites, print comparisons, etc.

If you are curious, the reason for this rule is so that we don't steer clients to one town over another.

Hope this helps!

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287
axelson@kurfiss.com
kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://greatschools.org