Home Buying in Modesto>Question Details

Yesenia, Home Buyer in California

We are interested in buying a home in Modesto CA. How do we go about in finding a realible and trustworthy RE agent and lender to help us?

Asked by Yesenia, California Wed Feb 1, 2012

Our chapter 7 BK was discharged in 2009. Our home in Modesto foreclosed, but we are not 100% sure when it was foreclosed. How can we find out?

Yesenia
Home Buyer
California

.

.
A few minutes ago - Home Buying in Fort Worth - No answers

Our BK chapter 7 was discharged 2009. Our Modesto, CA home foreclosed, but not 100% sure of date (probably around january/march of 2010.)

Answers

9
Molly Mooney’s answer
I can send you a statement from the tax rools thats states when ownership transfered call me at 209 809-5365 If I dont answer leave a message Molly Mooney Lic#01243615 209 809-5365 from 9-5
Hi Yesenia,
There are a lot of great programs out there that can help make this purchase an easy and smooth transaction for you. I can honestly say that you need to find an agent that you not only trust but that has your best intrest in mind. My clients always say that an agent should do for you as much as they would do for their own mother, sister, father or brother, and I couldn't agree more :) I wish you the best in luck and if you have any questions at all feel free to call me.

Excel Realtors
Yadira Arteaga
209-505-3918
Hi Yesenia,

From what I gather from your last question to the Salida area, you are still in search of a home, and wondering if you were able to find a lender that can help you or a realtor that can answer your questions. If you like I can set a time to meet in hope I can answer all your questions.

Chuck Bukhari - Your Realtor
DRE# 01416945

209-604-9859
http://www.cvhomelistings.com
http://www.liveinmodesto.com
You just need to have an agent that is willing to help you over this little hurdle. You should be able to purchase now.... two years from the discharge date. Give me a call and we can walk through what is going to be needed for you to purchase. There are several other things that need to be taken into consideration for you to purchase right now. Don't give up, we may need to do a little bit of work to make sure that you're in the best situation to purchase right now. You can reach me at (209)968-7653. Or you can email me at Karen@SoldThruKaren.com
Give me a call ill have a title search done Molly Mooney 209 809-5365 No charge and no problem at all or email MollyRE@msn.com
Follow these simple questionnaire that can help you find the right Realtor for you. Remember the emphasis are on REALTOR not agent.:

Follow this link for help.
http://www.cvhomelistings.com/atj/user/AdditionalPageGetActi…

Chuck Bukhari - Your answer to Real Estate
cbukhari@liveinmodesto.com
http://www.cvhomelistings.com
209-604-9859
Yesenia,

Great question... You can contact a local lender that you trust to begin getting preapproved for a loan. If it has been two years since the bankruptcy was discharged then you should be able to qualify for a purchase. There are a few other factors involved, like your current debt to income ratio. If you are looking for a good lender just let me know and I can refer a couple of them to you. Lenders that I have worked with for years who always go to bat for my buyers. The Modesto area is a great place to live, but things are always changing. Currently there is a limited amount of inventory so you need a Realtor who know the area.

If you're looking for a Realtor who will put your needs first and help you through the credit rebuilding process then give me a call and we'll help you find what you need in a home and in a loan....
Yesenia,
Finding a reliable trustworthy R E Agent,....
In finding an agent you can trust you need to meet a few. Trust is built on relationships. You can build the trust after you meet with an agent.
As for the other items, check your credit, or go to a local lender, and have them check your credit and see if they can help you get a loan. They can usually point you towards a decent agent as well.

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes Realty
(951) 821-8211
harold@socalhomebuying.org
http://www.socalhomebuying.org
California Department of Real Estate Broker License # 01312992
Yesenia, First, let me answer your question regarding your foreclosure. The actual date of the foreclosure will be notated on your credit report. You can pull a free credit report online and get the date there. Bear in mind that the credit scores you will receive as a consumer are not the same derived from a lender. You can also apply for a mortgage and have a lender pull credit to get the actual date. You could also contact a title company for advice on getting the foreclosure date on the property or go to your county clerk and recorder's office and request a copy of the deed on the property.

On finding a reliable and trustworthy agent and lender, I think there are several things to consider. First, I absolutely believe every home buyer should have their own representation...do not rely on the listing agent for a purchase. By contract, every agent has a fiduciary responsibility to their "client". A listing agent "client" is the seller, not the buyer. You can get referrals from friends or family; however, that is not always 100% successful. What your parents think is a great agent may, may not, be someone you can relate to. Experienced versus new to the business? There are advantages/disadvantages of both...experience has the mettle to weather the market, but may have not kept up with the many changes in the industry. Newbies may have the enthusiam, but lack the knowledge...however, they will probably know CURRENT industry standards better.

I have found most of my clients are happiest with their agent where there is mutual trust and respect. You are going to work with your agent through thick and thin...interview them with that in mind. You want someone you are comfortable with, but someone who has your "back" in the rough times. Somewhat like the parent/child relationship...it is not my job to be my child's friend...sometimes they just need direction and consultation. Very true in working with a buyer's agent...just because someone is fun to be around does not mean they can negotiate a tough transaction for you. Meet and interview at least a couple agents. BTW, the worst situations I have seen are akin to "My son/brother/hairdresser (whoever) just got into the business"....new agents who are working with seasoned brokers and have backup assistance are wonderful, however, the fact that someone was a great hairdresser does not make them necessarily a great real estate agent.

Lender? Well, I am probably a little prejudiced here (LOL!). Personally, I see the role of a mortgage professional more as an educator than a sale person. My job (as I see it) is to learn everything I can about your dreams, desires and goals, educate you to the best of my ability about what is possible in mortgage financing and how you can accomplish it...and to represent you to accomplish your final goals. There is much, much discourse about rates, shopping for rates, comparing rates, touting rates.....but the real fact is that ALL lenders go to the same well to get our water. There are, of course, better priced lenders than others; however, like most things in life...cheapest is not alway best. A poorly educated home buyer making the wrong decision (due to lack of counseling) on a 30 year mortgage is going to lose a lot more than $300 on a Good Faith Estimate.

Starting on this forum is a very good beginning on both fronts. If you want to know who we are, review our profile and our activity here. Interview us...we expect to earn your business....and respect the right to do so Best to you!