Home Buying in Independence>Question Details

Shelly Brook, Both Buyer and Seller in Independence, KS

We are in a house that is falling apart and we owe about 36,000 on it still, plus we need a bigger house which we have found and like and can afford.

Asked by Shelly Brook, Independence, KS Fri Sep 2, 2011

what should or is recommended to do in this situation help me please. We have lived in our current house for six years and more problems then we can deal with..

Answers

4
Shelly - if you can qualify for both the new mortgage payment and your current mortgage payment, it'd be possible to buy the new home first for you to move into, and then sell your old home afterwards. What do you want to do?

Since your current home has "problems", any buyer who buys your home would also be interested to know what those problems are, so you can sell it "as [it] is" and the buyer pool may be reduced because of those problems, or you can fix some/all problems and open up your home to a bigger buyer pool. The problems may even prevent someone buying your home with a regular mortgage, and they may need a special rehab type of mortgage to purchase it (further reducing the buyer pool). Depending on how quickly you are looking to sell it would determine your likely course of action.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
are you wanting to sale it and if so what is your price you are asking and do you have a way of me seeing some pictures of it
If you email the address of your property, I will do some research about your neighborhood.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 3, 2011
I don't think the market is great in Independence and I hope you are working with an agent that can give you some market information for your area. If not I can refer someone to you. I don't know but I imagine you have to sell yours before you can buy another home. It is important to keep up the payments on the one you have if you are wanting to upgrade.

Let me know if you need the name of an agent in your area.

Good Luck

Kay
913-980-9335
kaytowner@reeceandnichols.com