Home Buying in Tampa>Question Details

Pauline, Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

We are in Minnesota and would like to research about some of the Tampa areas.

Asked by Pauline, Tampa, FL Sun Dec 15, 2013

We are looking for neighborhood with good schools, closed to hospital, low crime rate, and possibly a water front.

Hi Pauline,
Some of the best areas of Tampa include the South Tampa, Bayshore, Hyde Park, Harbor Island and David Island. Bayshore Dive specifically, is right on the water and it's gorgeous. The areas mentioned above are 5-10 minutes from several freeways, concert venues, theaters and Great Schools. All of these areas however comes with an above average price tag.

When you say waterfront, if you meant a home on a lake or pond many areas of tampa my appeal to you like Westchase or New Tampa. However if by waterfront you meant a home on the beach then Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Clearwater, or St Petersburg may be your cup of tea. However with flood insurance premiums going up dramatically make sure you take insurance cost into account. Feel free to contact me at 813-418-0011.

Marsha Skinner
Keller Williams New Tampa
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 16, 2013
Hi Pauline,

If you need a mortgage you need to be pre-approved. We can help. Feel free to email or call me anytime.

Matt Tarka
Principal Broker
Serving All of Florida
888-246-9060 Toll Free
954-605-2450 Direct
954-343-8098 Fax
NMLS: 208843

Clear Mortgage Lending, Inc.
5200 North Federal Hwy. Suite 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
NMLS: 874363
Researching the area is a daunting task but I would suggest you could start by perusing the area's general news to get a feel for the community. Below are a few links to the area newspapers that should help.

The tampa bay area is comprised of numerous cities and can be confusing for new residents. Below is a link to an area map courtesy of 'Realtor.com'

Please keep me in mind if you have any financing needs.
Hi Pauline,

Please let me know your contacts (email and phone) so that I will be able to send you the listings that will match to your criteria.

I have good knowledge in Tampa area residential properties.

Raji Gali
Horizon Realty International
Call me 34 years of experience.813-493-2278

As a former midwesterner, I have worked with many Minnesotians over the past years. What you are looking for is easy to find. What type of property are you looking to purchase: single family, condo, townhouse or villa? What price point? what type of waterfront:: bay, gulf, river, lake, intracoastal? Please feel free to give me a call so that we can discuss your requirements.

Bill Szydlowski
If you go to my website http://www.castledreamrealestate.com you can find out about both the communities and schools by zip code and it has all the categories you would be interested in.

Lawrence Sanek
Castle Dream Real Estate, LLC
Spent the week end running the trails at Honeymoon Island State Park. There is few environments more conducive to a health wise lifestyle then living in close proximity to the BEACHES. Sometimes I run along side a pod of Atlantic Bottlenose Dophins. That's when I have to pinch myslef.
Whether you run. stroll, bicycle or simply like the convienence of exclusive pedestrian trails, the 46 mile long, 12 foot wide,paved Pinellas Trail has proven to be the catylyst to keeping cities like Tarpon Springs, Palm Harbor, Dunedin, Clearwater, Largo and St Petersburg connected.
Palm Harbor University High School is an IB certified high school with a focus on medical disciplines.
And you're just one bridge away from downtown Tampa.
Let's see what we can do regarding lifestyle and sunsets on the Gulf of Mexico.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Assocate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
Loved your answer.
Flag Thu Jan 9, 2014
When you want to buy a home without getting ripped off, hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent. EBAs only work with homebuyers and there is never a conflict of interest that will jeopardize your negotiating position. Visit http://www.naeba.org for a referral to an Exclusive Buyer's Agent in your area.

I've written a best selling book called Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You. It'll teach you how to buy a home without getting ripped off.. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!

Alysse Musgrave
Hi Pauline,

A hot button, in Florida, will be flood insurance. Contact me for more information regarding this.

We have a great situation with our school system. We have lots of wonderful schools but also have magnet and charter schools that are free also. You have to apply. They are based on either a lottery system or merit. But these schools are options also.

There is a crime info link right here on Trulia that you may utilize for that type information.

In addition, I would love to assist you further in your home search as I am knowledgeable about many areas of Tampa Bay.

Please contact me at 813-486-4851 or cokerrealtor@gmail.com.

Thank you.
Hello Pauline. I have been a Realtor here for 8 years and I know all the good communities and schools that could be of an interest to you
Please contact me Ginny Zukowski of Future Home Realty and I will be more then happy to give you more specific information regarding the areas. You can reach me at 813-997-3290 or email me ginny@gotorealty.net.
Pauline, I would be very happy to assist you. Please contact me directly and we can discuss your plans in more detail. Dan Turner 813-928-2160