Home Buying in Ravenna>Question Details

Aimee Smith, Home Buyer in Kent, OH

We are first time home buyers. Our current rental lease doesnt run out til the end of August, how soon before that should we start looking for a home?

Asked by Aimee Smith, Kent, OH Thu Feb 7, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3100592743-655-Ellen-Ct-Raven…

Answers

3
Looking sooner rather then later would be my suggestion. There is a lot of work that goes into buying a house. Getting to know the big and small details of buying is really important. Plus if you have a lot of time you do not have to make a rushed decision. Being able to leave things in a clam and clean manner is the best way to do it.
http://www.brascleaningnsw.com.au/services
That's a good question and the answer can vary depending on many factors. The first thing to do is make sure you're in a good position to buy; down payment, credit issues cleared up, earnest money, possible funds for repairs, etc. Talking with a good lender beforehand can clear up things you may not even realize are an issue.

The second thing to do is sit down with a buyer's agent and go over your exact needs, wants and goals. From there it would be a good idea to start narrowing down homes and possibilities so you're on track to go after exactly what you want when the time is right. Many first time home buyers often "think" they want something in the beginning of their search only to find out after looking at homes that it wasn't as important to their search as they thought. Starting early will narrow things down and kind of clear your head so you're targeting the right, realistic home for your needs.

Also, there is another factor to consider... not only do you have a time-frame, but so do sellers. There will be sellers that want to close early and some that will not mind a delayed close so they can find another home, move, wait for school to end, etc.

Depending on what the lender says regarding your price range and loan situation, I'd probably start the preliminary search early/late spring and be ready to seriously look and purchase a home early/mid summer.

We'd be happy to help and guide you through the process. Feel free to contact us anytime!

Cecilia Sherrard & Andrew Ginter
RE/MAX NE Ohio
440-781-8737
http://www.YouShouldOwn.com
Web Reference: http://www.YouShouldOwn.com
Thanks for the reply Im entirely new to this whole thing so bear with me! Im in the portage county area, and as much as we would like to stay in brimfield we really arent finding too much out this way (at least not on here, unless its lot/land). We did find two houses that we liked very much in Ravenna, but we arent sure how soon we would have to put in an offer?! Or how long wwe could push back a move in date? I have already spoken to a lender/bank for pre-approval and thats looking good.
Right now our limit I think is $50,000 or less, which I know can be tough to find, but we really dont want to get ourselves into more than we can handle. Trying to be realistic I guess you could say since it will just be the two of us! I would love to keep your number as I am sure we will be needing help in the future, and have plenty more questions!
Hope to talk soon,
Aimee
Flag Thu Feb 7, 2013
What you are asking, is;
How can make both come to a head on the same day?
Give it up:
You have the advantage of renting, and you can overlap a little for cleaning and moving.
Imagine what homeowners go through in trying to sell at the right time; they normally have to put their stuff in storage, rent for a while, or get a contingency loan.

Good luck and may God bless
No its not really an advantage.......... my apt has flooded and molded more times than I can count, with a landlord who is unwilling to fix the problems correctly. I dont know how long the house buying process takes, Im sure it varies but there must be like a rough time frame. If our lease expires the end of August we would like to be out before that.......
Flag Thu Feb 7, 2013