Home Buying in Pekin>Question Details

My-mister, Home Buyer in Pekin, IL

We are doing a 2nd viewing of a home. It is being sold by owner. How do I find out the comps in this area?

Asked by My-mister, Pekin, IL Sat Jun 30, 2012

Answers

4
Always use an agent. I've been stuck trying to sell a home that someone bought fsbo because they paid too much. Only the agent knows the comparables truly. Websites dont tell you the condition of the neighboring homes that sold, or what amenities or features the home had in it. Calling an agent would have been the best because they would have given you accurate numbers and could have previewed current competition along with looking up solds + inside photographs.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 28, 2014
Just because you are looking at a for sale by owner does not mean you should not work with a Reatlor of your own, who will then be able to provide you with a market evaluation of the property and assist you in the price of your initial offer and the negotiations and all that follows up to the successful closing. Most For Sale by Owners will cooperate with a Realtor who is bringing them a ready and willing and approved buyer..... and they will pay the commission to that Realtor in most cases....

Why would you do this on your own....??????
If you need recommendations of area Realtors, let us know....

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Ask your buyers agent to provide them for you. The only true comps are sold properties. Everything being offered for sale is still a wish.
James thank you for your response. I am the buyer. I did a search on a couple local real estate sites for sold properites in the immediate area. I believe I found out the info I need.
Flag Sat Jun 30, 2012
I am the buyer. I looked at recently sold properties in and around the area on a real estate website and compared property features to features. Got kind of an idea from there. Thank you James your response was appreciated.
Flag Sat Jun 30, 2012
another reason o work with a good Realtor
I found some by searching on real estate web sites in the immediate area of the home I am interested in...thanks!
Flag Sat Jun 30, 2012