Home Buying in Miramar>Question Details

Mo, Home Buyer in Miramar, FL

We are debating on buying in Miramar vs Cooper City? Homes seem to have better prices in Miramar but where is it better to raise our kids?

Asked by Mo, Miramar, FL Mon Jan 21, 2013

Answers

11
Consuelo Peniza’s answer
Both cities are very different with a unique style. Copper City has a mix farm area, old houses and renovated ones. Usually is less expensive and the properties have bigger lots, but are not as new as Miramar. Cooper City is more country style. Both cities are family oriented. Go to my website: http://www.propertiesjustforyou.com/ and click on "Local info" at the top of the page. In there you will find all kind of information for both cities. After that, you can give me a call and I can send you a free list of properties under your price range. 954-536-3495 Consuelo Peniza
I can give you a book on the school ratings of both cities and you can decide. I have clients who love both of these cities.

Susan Penn, PA, SFR, CDPE http://about.me/HomesForSale_SusanJPennPA
EWM Realtors® | A HomeServices of America Company | An Affiliate of Berkshire Hathaway
2000 Main Street, Suite 103 | Weston, FL 33326
T: 954.306.7337 | C: 954.557.5993 | F: 954.515.0200 | penn.s@ewm.com | http://www.ewm.com
If you have middle to high school children AND IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THEIR EDUCATION, MIRAMAR HIGH SCHOOL " IB PROGRAM " is the best. I was encouraged to move to Cooper City for better school for my child. A friend who does the school audit referred me to the program at Miramar. My daughter did very well there - went on to a very good university - and is now an Engineer. Aside from that if you are just looking for a good neighborhood, both are the same - and of course, from very reliable source, one is far less drug free than the other (school and neighborhood). Hope you take my advice.
Both cities are great places to live and raise a family with excellent schools respectively. I have lived in Miramar for many years and have personal experience with Miramar Elementary for example. It has been an A+ school since 2004 and is a Title 1 school. Please call me so we can further help you and your family with an individualized plan that may work best for your unique needs.

Cessann Maher
Real Living First Service Realty
786-301-2171
Miramar is a beautiful city, just as much as Cooper City. What parents are concerned the most is the schools. I suggest you investigate the statistics. If you contact me I can provide some information that will be useful for your decision making. Call 305-771-4890 and provide your phone and email. I will be more than willing to provide the information we have.
Laurina Emiliani
Real Estate Broker
Speedy International Realty
Rather than cities, I think you'd be better off focusing on specific neighborhoods.
Hello Mo,

The schools in Cooper City are rated very high. Check it out. online Browardscools.com. Another thing you can do is drive the area when children are coming out of schools or when they are going to school. Talk to parents of both areas.. I hope this helps . Phyllis PJ Jacobs
Hi Mo,
Both are good areas to purchase a home. I have lived in the Miramar area for over 15 years, and the city has grown, and it is a great place to purchase a home and raise a family. Since today is a holiday and there will not be heavy traffic on the roads, how about driving around in both areas so you can get a feel of the areas, and also see all of the gated communities in western broward and cooper city. If you have any questions or would like to see any homes please feel free to contact me.

Tamika Moses
Kelley Williams Realty Partners SW
954-404-4646
tmrealtor@yahoo.com
Hello Mo,
Both cities are good, family oriented (western parts); you should drive by on the weekend
and see for yourself the different activities....

With enthusiasm,

Meir Aloni & Team

CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)

CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)

RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220 http://www.WeSellBroward.com

All Star Realty Inc.

It depends what you are looking for in a neighborhood. A good place to do some reasearch is at Browardschools.com. You can get lots of good information from the schools that serve the areas.

I have lived in Cooper City for many years, and can tell you firsthand, that it is a wonderful place to raise your kids. I know a lot of people that love the communities of Miramar as well. I suggest that you look at both places and make your decision on how you feel after visiting the neighborhoods and recreational areas. It all depends on what is best for you and your family.

Feel free to contact me, and I will be glad to answer any questions you have. Also, if you are not yet working with a Realtor, I would be glad to help you!

Stefanie Cohen, PA, ABR, SFR
Prudential Florida Realty
Scohen77@aol.com
954-547-9203
Thanks for your inquiry. Concerns such as yours' are common with home buyers and should be considered carefully. Both Miramar and Cooper City are beautiful cities. What I recommend to home buyers is www. homefacts.com. Here you will find relevant information about the immediate area you're planning to purchase.

If you would like to also consult w/ a real estate agent call 786-704-8482.

Andre Shambley