Home Buying in Frisco>Question Details

Mfeather, Home Buyer in Frisco, TX

We are considering selling, hover concerned about empty lots next 2 us will b a problem?

Asked by Mfeather, Frisco, TX Tue Feb 21, 2012

Answers

10
Mfeather-

As usual with Real Estate, the answer is "it depends?" Are those the last 2 lots in the community or 2 of many. When you speak with a Realtor that is familiar with your City/Subdivision they can give you a better insight. If you want to e-mail me your address I will give you a quick accessment.

Jane Yeatman
972-679-6345
Jane.Yeatman@cbdfw.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 21, 2012
It could if the lots are zoned for commercial which I doubt .

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Not necessarilly. Usually Frisco's neighborhoods are pre-planned and it is easy to find out what floorplans are scheduled to be built next to your property. I had a situation just like that before and I was able to get the builder to write me a letter with the exact floorplan to be built in that particular lote.
Also be aware your property value can be affected by the price of the property scheduled to be built next to yours. This can affect the comps on your neighborhood.
If you need help with this matter, please contact me.
Ana Maier
To answer your question; selling in a neighborhood that is still building out does present a small challenge. But you can only control your house. Home buying is very emotional and if lived in you have a big advantage over the builders. Let me know if I can help.

Bryan Brickman
RE/MAX Premier IV
Certified Home Marketing Specialist
Depends on several factors, as was stated. Have a realtor do a market analysis of the neighborhood and look at the comps. One thing to do before selling is to get a pre-listing inspection of your home.

This link will show you why it can be helpful:

http://www.trulia.com/blog/john_safstrom/2011/07/13_reasons_…

John Safstrom
Systematic Home Inspections
Mfeather,

You should contact the city planning department or code enforcement department , and find out what the land is zoned to be used for. Is it residential or commercial?.

If it is zoned for residential is it for a single family home or multi family dwelling like apartment units.

Once you know what it is zoned for then you can decide if you want to live next to it. You may not want to live next to a deli or juice bar. You may not want to live next to a large apartment complex either.

Best of luck to you

Kawain Payne, Realtor
You are looking for immediate buyers. People who want lots are going to be very future buyers. Build time is probably six months.

Is that what you mean?

Also what can you do about it?

Work it to your advantage. Get the names of a couple of builders that could be on the lots. Figure out what they would charge. Sell them the leads you get from people who inquire about the lots. Free give the information to the potential home or lot buyers. Chances are building a new custom home next to yours will be much more expensive.

I'd be happy to take a look at your situation to give you some more specific ideas.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Rather than guessing about your 2 lots, what is your concern about them? If you can provide more specifics I can give you better quality feedback. It DOES depend on any extenuating circumstances.

They might be an advantage, or disadvantage. Which subdivision are you referring to? I live and work in the Frisco market, so I can give meaningful feedback.

Hope to hear back from you.

David Krebsbach
info@QuadStarRealty.com
Why are these lots of concern? Are they overgrown or does the owner(s) of these lots have undesirable items laying around on these lots?

If you are considering listing this season I offer Full-Service listings for 4.5% instead of the higher commissions that other companies may be charging. Feel free to call me anytime and discuss your location in more specifics and we can narrow down any potential concerns with your listing.

Joshua George
It all depends are those lots being offer by a builder. I would love the oppertunity to talk to you about selling your home. Once we get together I can give you more information about how that might impact the sale of your home.

Regards
Scott

Scott Kennedy
CENTURY 21 Judge Fite Company
817-312-0097
scottkennedy@judgefite.com