Home Buying in Sardis Forest>Question Details

kbsondej, Home Buyer in Quakertown, PA

We are considering moving to either Asheville or Charlotte..any thoughts?

Asked by kbsondej, Quakertown, PA Wed Jun 25, 2014

Answers

4
Neighborhoods are all about personal preferences, budgets, wants, needs, lifestyle; therefore consider further researching areas of interest on your own, and take the time to visit more than once, then determine where your comfort level can best be reached; don't simply just entertain what other people think or say, another's opinion may not be anywhere near the best thing for you...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 30, 2014
All the best to you! Thank you for best answer!
Flag Tue Jul 29, 2014
It greatly depends on your personal goals and preferences. I really enjoy Asheville as a getaway but can't see myself living there as I like the hustle of being in a larger city like Charlotte. Plenty of great things about both - if you love the outdoors and nature, you'll love Asheville. If you like having proximity to a busy city, Charlotte may be a better fit.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 29, 2014
Thank you all for your input. We did drive down to NC and spent time in both areas. Having lived in NYC for 8 yrs on the East Side (York & 63), I loved the city..BUT the view of the mtns in the Asheville area was magnificent--and the Charlotte skyline looked too similar to the Philly skyline near where we're currently living. Lived in Wyckoff NJ and East Quogue, NY--good comparisons for Charlotte & Asheville ...
Thanks, Anna--your thoughts are perfect!
I have lived in Charlotte for 11 1/2years and would definitely choose this city over Asheville. Milder winters in Charlotte win this and Asheville is only about 2 hours away. More to do in Charlotte - the city offers some of the best restaurants in the USA. South Charlotte is beautiful. Lake Norman area is beautiful. You can't go wrong in Charlotte. International airport is in Charlotte.