Medelene Bea…, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

We are considering buying a home in Woodside Plaza, but were told that the school district for that area is

Asked by Medelene Beasley, San Francisco, CA Sun Apr 13, 2008

not good (Roosevelt Elementary and Sequoia High School were specifically mentioned). Can you tell me anything about if this is an up and coming area in Redwood City. Truman Street is specifically where we would be considering buying a home.

Answers

3
Redwood City is indeed an up and coming area - with the downtown area offering wonderful entertainment and year round activities. There are several school options in addition to our public schools; visit "Connect Community Charter School" and read about other educational options; plus several private schools.
Woodside Plaza is a solid safe affordable neighborhood. Redwood City schools have made great strides in the past 5 or 10 years. Redwood City now has a year round school calendar and most schools are configured K-8 so most kids are able to stay in their neighborhood schools until high school. I agree with Vicki check the school data and visit the schools yourself to make your decision. PS I have a great listing at 1902 Maryland RWC just reduced to $849,000 - open this weekend - come see!
Woodside Plaza is a very nice area, desirable, pretty, close to both 101 and 280, shopping. I would suggest that you investigate the schools in any area where you might buy. But the area itself is considered by most to be very desirable.

Call the districts to confirm which schools the Truman house is assigned to. Then you can check the individual schools' websites and http://www.greatschools.net to see what information they have.

The fact taht Sequoia is a distinguished CA school: http://www.sequoiahs.org/ suggests it's a pretty good school, but check it out for yourself to be sure it meets your standards.