Home Buying in Haworth>Question Details

Nicole, Home Buyer in New York, NY

We are considering a house in the Haworth Are but are Dumont and Bergenfield safe?

Asked by Nicole, New York, NY Wed Oct 21, 2009

Answers

5
YES, They are safe towns! Why would you ask such a question?
Hi Nicole: Haworth and Dumont are much smaller towns than Bergenfield. All are wonderful places to live and all have different attributes. The only way to make a decision on where you would like to plant & grow your famly is to visit each town, look at a variety of homes, get the information on the school systems and get the information on the population and average income on each town. All of these topics are available on the Internet by doing some browsing. The local newspapers usually post a section on arrests so you can probably look up those stats as well.

I've lived in Bergen County all my life and have been an agent over 25 years and have found that most of the towns here have a real sense of community and regard the children as "our future gems".

I worked with two couples from New York this past year and both have purchased in Bergen County. Why not take some time to visit with us and see what homes in your price range have to offer. Once you have narrowed down what you like you can research all the rest.

Carolynn Monaco
Pristine Homes & Estates
Haworth
201-489-0256 direct
My daughter lives just off Newbridge Rd in Bergenfield and is very happy with the neighborhood. She has 4 young children. People on her block are pleasant. Lots of young families.
Nicole, my friend, who has 3 kids(all school age) lives in Closter which is on a border of Haworth and is very happy there. I would be more than happy to send you houses that are available if you let me know your criteria
The best way to get any information is to contact the local police department and ask for crime statistics from that area. They should be able to give you the information you are looking for.

You may also consider speaking to the neighbors on the street you are interested in to find out any other neighborhood information you may like.
Web Reference: http://sharonkozinn.com