Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

crafterfamily, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

We are concerned about purchasing a home in Grant Park due to the lead found n the paint, grounds/pipes of the homes n historic n'hoods.

Asked by crafterfamily, Atlanta, GA Sat Oct 6, 2012

I would love to find out the thoughts and/or protective actions of other home owners in the GP Atlanta area.

Answers

4
Andrew, who is a freaking genius of Intown knowhow, is right. Best answer.

I would put the lead based paint brainpower and vitality of my 30312, old house dwelling personnel, up against anybody who thinks their cul de sac next to a shopping center in an OTP zip is a healthier environment to live in...

Old houses are cool and there is a 16 page pamphlet from the EPA on the LBP matter that any Realtor you hire can give you.

If you hired Andrew and I together, then we would shred your competitors for the coolest house on the street in any Intown neighborhood. We would collaborate every morning and just be deadly.

Maybe it's time to start the band, Andrew...
Web Reference: Http://intowninsider.com
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
Andrew Gilbert, Agent, Atlanta, GA Grant Park is a lovely, historic park of Atlanta, not to mention the great park itself, Zoo Atlanta, historic Oakland Cemetary, proximity to Downtown, good restaurants, etc. Keep in mind that all homes built before 1978 have the likelihood of lead-based paint and lead in the pipes. If this concerns you you may want to look for a newer home in a newer area or just install extra filtration systems for your drinking water in the home. Many people live with these risks, which are manageable as long as you are educated about the risks and how to minimize them. Please let me know if I can help you with any information or answer any questions. Thank you and all the best to you in your home search!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
Brian provided the best answer. Nothing to fret about as long as you arm yourself with proper education. My husband and I also own a contracting company and we have undergone the Renovators, Repair and Painting classes and were featured during a Fox 5 news special on renovations involving lead paint. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Happy house hunting!
If you like Grant Park, but are afraid of old home issues like lead based paint, or lead pipes, Grant Park has plenty of newer constructed homes or totally renovated homes where neither of these issues will be present. I had the plumbing replaced from the street in my 90 year old house. It not only took care of any lead pipe concerns, but also increased my water pressure incredibly! There are also steps you can take regarding renovating where lead based paint is present. I can send you a pamphlet called "protect your family from lead in your home." if you would like me to. I have lived in Grant Park for over 16 years and absolutely love it. If you would like some help finding a home in my neighborhood that would be acceptable to you, please contact me. I would love to help you.

Brian White
Origins Real Estate
Direct line: 404-285-3991
http://Www.BrianAtlanta.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012