Home Buying in Corona>Question Details

Lonetree, Home Buyer in Antioch, CA

We are being funded 2day, I was supposed to be on the title. I’m not on any part of the loan. When do I sign my name?

Asked by Lonetree, Antioch, CA Thu Apr 12, 2012

Answers

9
CA is a community property state, in fact, I think it is mandatory by statute. In my state, also a community property area, you have a vested interest if you are on the deed or not. But it sounds like the title company needs to know that you are married. Here you would need to sign some stuff at closing, the deed and the mortgage but not the note.

As for quit claim deeds, do you guys not have due on sale clauses in CA? If so, any change in title could trigger the loan being called due. Just because they haven’t done it in the past doesn’t mean they won’t do it tomorrow. I would be careful messing with a title after the mortgage is recorded.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
You wont be signing...whom ever ownes the property (after the sell is completed ) will grant or quick claim the deed to add you on title.

Diana Margala 909-560-0145
Web Reference: http://www.dianam.com

Diana Margala 909-560-0145
Web Reference: http://www.dianam.com
Congrats on the purchase! There are several ways that you can be added on title of the home you are buying. Quit claim deed is just one way. I would advise speaking with the escrow company that's handling the transaction and they will be able to guide you in the best way based on your situation.

Good luck!!
I guess i'm not asking the right question? all I want to know is that when all the original papers were signed could my name have been added then to the title deed?
Flag Thu Apr 12, 2012
What did your loan officer tell you?
i'm in the dark? my fiance got the loan and he signed papers. Our loan officer, realitor all know my name should be on the title. I haven't asked the question but wanted to know if my name could have been added and no one tell me that it was.
Flag Thu Apr 12, 2012
Typically names on the loan are the ones that get recorded on the grant deed. In the event the current buyer for this purchase on the loan agrees to allow you on the grant deed after closing escrow, you can be added with a "quit claim deed" which both you and the buyer sign and get notarized in order to be then recorded, which adds you to the title. Contact the escrow officer or title company to provide you with that deed for signatures.
After you fund and record you can be added in the form of a Quit Claim deed as long as the person holding title agrees to it. Your escrow company should be able to do that for you. Congrtas on your new home. I hope you will have many fond memories in your new home.
Carlene answered it best. If there is a loan typically whoever is on the loan is on the deed. If you want to add yourself after it fund and records than you can do it through a Quit Claim deed. Escrow can do that for you. But the person purchasing the home has to agree and it be notarized. So yes you will have to sign. The current buyer must agree to all terms before you are added and that can be done through escrow or Title.
Flag Thu Apr 12, 2012
Frank, at the time of the original signing of papers could my name have been added to the title even thought I'm not on the loan? and do at anytime my name is added do I need to sign my name or can my name be added without me signing?
Flag Thu Apr 12, 2012
After you fund and record..escrow will do it for you..in the form of Quit Claim deed.
Congratulations on the pruchase of your new home!!
That's a question for your loan officer or your attorney, both of which has possession of the full facts needed to answer this.
At anytime when my name is added, do I need to sign my name?
Flag Thu Apr 12, 2012