Unspecified, Both Buyer and Seller in Chantilly, VA

We are a young family looking to buy soon. We can't decide between Dominion Valley Country Club in Haymarket, VA or somewhere in the Ashburn

Asked by Unspecified, Chantilly, VA Wed Mar 20, 2013

Area. We currently live in Brambleton and love it but the prices for single family homes here are just too high for us right now. We love the amenities and idea of living within the country club (we are very active) but we also love where we are in Ashburn and are not sure if we'd like the Haymarket area. We wouldn't be able to afford the country clubs here in Ashburn so that is not an option. We are looking to stay within $500-550k and a yard would be great....but if no yard then a neighborhood with lots of open areas for our two boys to run around in. Thanks in advance for your help!

Answers

21
There are so many options for you in Ashburn VA! Take a look at http://www.c21redwood.com/ashburn-va-real-estate, where you can search by school and neighborhood in Ashburn VA. The search capabilities on C21Redwood.com really let you search like an agent, making searching for a new home easier than ever. You should definitely check it out!
I live in Ashburn Village and love it. Extreemly family oriented (well most of ashburn is), homes you can get for around that price with a yard, plus you have LOTS of ammenities. Contact me and we can talk and I can give you all the information you can handle :)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
Hi! Sounds like you're looking in two very popular areas! I've had clients and friends that are happy with both areas. Definitely look at what your commute will be - you know how that can be around here! Another option would be to look at other similar areas, like South Riding or Stone Ridge. All of the mentioned communities have great, but different, amenities.

Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions. Best of luck to you - I know you'll make the best decision for your family!

Happy House Hunting,

Loren Smith
Re/Max Gateway
703-473-2443
loren@lorensmithrealtor.com
Both areas are nice but in different ways. I suggest look at where you work and what your life style is. Ashburn is a wonderful community and you can find a nice home for your family. It is much closer to the Washington DC area than Haymarket. Haymarket is nice community and the housing is less. You need to look at what your needs are.

I hope this helps!

Beth Seifart
Keller Williams Realty - Leesburg, VA
My advice is not to limit yourself! I have often had buyers tell me their "exact wish list" but when we ended up driving around and looking at neighborhoods and house styles they weren't really familiar with, they found themselves liking something very different. Even though you like the country club amenities, you may find a home just outside a club that offers larger lots and access to clubs, pools, bike trails, tennis courts and much more. You can't really go wrong anywhere in Loudoun County these days - I can give you some ideas of neighborhoods that you might not know about but it would be helpful to know where you are commuting to before I give you some suggestions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
I live in the Sterling/Lansdowne/Ashburn area and I have a close friend who lives in Haymarket. I would absolutely recommend staying in the Ashburn area! I promise, you get what you pay for. This area is so great. You are a few minutes away from basically EVERYTHING- Northern Virginia is just fabulous. While Haymarket is beautiful, you will find yourself commuting constantly while trying to find ways to spend time with your family. Ashburn is too family friendly, bursting with beauty and a multitude of (free) family activities to give up, in my opinion!
I personally live in Ashburn and we love it here. We live in the Toll Brothers community that offers free concerts, Free YOGA classes, Free Zumba classes, and Free Fitness classes (outside only) and lots of free activities for children such as Halloween activities, DJ at the Pool, Free Summer Movies on the Lawn, Santa comes to visit at the clubhouse, and egg hunts to name a few. There are also two parks with playgrounds and tennis courts inside the community. My recommendation to all of my clients, friends, and family is to interview 2 Realtors to decide who is best to assist your needs. After meeting with the Realtors, gather all of the information and talk about it amongst each other and then make your final decision.

Please contact me if you need further assistance.

Dee Martinez
Real Estate Referral Agent (Licensed in VA)
denielemartinez@gmail.com
571.926.5383
I too live here and actively sell in the area. I think having lived in Ashburn, your transition to Haymarket may be a tricky one for many reasons. I am not quite sure if you or your spouse would have a commute, but that is surely something you may want to consider when moving. The Ashburn area does have some communities that would meet your budget, however they may not be in the Country Clubs. The best advice I can offer is enlist a realtor to take you around and see what you could afford in your preferred area and then you will have a better understanding.
Who said you can't afford Single Family in Country Club while shifting from Hay Market to Ashburn in a price range that you mentioned :))

I am an Ashburn resident from last 12 years (since when 20148 zipcode houses was not even existed on map) and currently seeing couple of open listings in Country Club.

If you like to discuss more, you can reach out to me at ezhomebuy2012@gmail.com or call me at 5712699150.

Saad
National Realty
Reston, VA
Hi ,
You need to evaluate both pros and cons of the two scenarios.

One scenario is to stay in rent to save money for down payment . But the cons of this scenario is house prices may increase as they have increased by 8% last year and the interest rate may go up. One more thing is the rent payments will not be usefull in building your home equity.

The second scenario is to buy a house with lower down payment. In this case the cons are you will pay PMI And the pros are your are building the equity from the day one , you can best use the lower interest rates that are available now and home prices may be lower now then compared to two years from now.

Please contact the mortgage consultant and try to get the pre qualification letter if you plan to buy a home.

Please visit my web site and you will find calculators that can help you determine the comparison between renting and buying and also you can find the other mortgage related calculators.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any help or if you have any questions.

Wish you good luck with your home search.

Ram Dasaradi
Long and Foster Realtors
571-265-9432
Thank you all so much for your insight. My next question is this....our rent is up this August and we absolutley need to move out as we have outgrown our space. We will only be able to put down about 5% on a $550,000 at this time. However I will be returning to full-time work and we will plan to put as much as my income in the home as possible to avoid paying a ton in PMI. If we buy this June, we plan to reach 20% in two years.

Should we find a new rental for the next two years until we save 20% for a down payment or do we buy now and put as much into the mortgage as we can so we can reach 20% within two years.

I am sure that I can help you find your dream home either in Ashburn or in Haymarket within your price range.

As you said Ashburn is expensive compared to Haymarket, but you love the city.

Please feel free to give me a call so that I can present you the best choices and help you find your dream home.

Looking forward to working with you on your house search.

Ram Dasaradi
Long and Foster Realtors
571-265-9432
Dear Young Family,
I have included a couple of links below; the first gives you a glimpse of resales available in Dominion Valley Country Club. The second link is to a Toll Brothers New Home Collection in Dominion Valley priced in the $500's.

I used to be an Assistant VP for Toll Brothers and am familiar with their projects and product lines. Please feel free to utilize me as a resource for information on Toll or any other builder in the area for that matter. I work out of Ashburn and I am very familiar with this market as well if you have questions specific to this area.

Click the following URL to see the listings:
http://mrislistings.mris.com/DE.asp?ID=51392816910

http://www.tollbrothers.com/VA/Dominion_Valley_Country_Club_…

Good Luck,
Dan Ritchey
703-999-0167
Good morning!

Comparable communities for style of homes you'd find in Brambleton that also feature similar amenities and atmosphere are *Dominion Valley, Braemar, *Heritage Hunt, New Bristow Village, Pembrooke, *Piedmont/Villages of Piedmont and Somerset.

These also fit nicely within your budget with lot sizes from just under a quarter to half acre for your boys.

Please feel free to reach out if I can be of further assistance to your family!

Kind regards,
Lisa

*Notes golf communities or membership is available

Lisa Moroniak | REALTOR® | Service360°
SFR® - Short Sale & Foreclosure Certified
Phone: 703-635-0388
http://www.LisaMoroniak.com
Licensed in VA
I really understand your dilema on a personal level and as a real estate professional. I have lived and worked in Ashburn for the last 12 years and also worked as a construction manager at Dominion Valley part of that time. And, just represented a young family that had a house built in Dominion Valley who are very happy and exited about what's happening in Haymarket! They just moved this month from Leesburg.

In Haymarket you will absolutely get more house and yard for your money and the area offers lots of new shopping and dining opportunities. Both areas are great and you certainly could find a great home in your price range in either location.

I would love to have an opportunity to talk with you!

Thanks!
Craig Hart
571-220-7449
craighart@kw.com
Sounds like you need some real estate guidance. If you want to stay in Ashburn I am sure you will be able to find something in your price range. I suggest that you speak with a Realtor who is knowledgeable and has experience in helping clients purchase homes in the Loudoun County area (specifically Ashburn).

You may contact me either by phone or email.

Dee Martinez
Real Estate Referral Agent - "referring the best of agents for you"
Metro Referral Associates, Inc.
571.926.5383
denielemartinez@gmail.com
The good news is you know the lifestyle you are desiring so now you just have to find the right home product and pricing. You can get into a beautiful home in Eastern Loudoun Co in this price range. I am confused by your comment that you live in Brambleton and enjoy the country club amenities. Brambleton has many amenities like most of our planned communities but it is not a true country club. Are you interested in living inside a country club with golf and tennis and a full service club house like Dominion Valley or Belmont Country Club or simply wanting a neighborhood with pools, trails, and parks like Brambleton, Lansdowne or even Cascades?
Are you renting now or own a home in Ashburn? . If you keep looking you should be able to find something around $ 550K . Metro will be coming soon and if you are in a rush you could use green way or alternate roads. I don't know what you do for living you may be able to find a job in very fast growing IT market in Ashburn. I found homes for my clients around $550K price.

If you need any further help.Please text, email or call me.

Raju S Alluri
Alluri Realty, Inc.
703-338-0546. Cell
raju@mris.com
One thing you should consider, are the HOA fees. Dominion Valley has a very high monthly fee. Both are wonderful areas to raise a family!
Dana R. Durr, Realtor
Century 21 New Millennium
571-275-1298
Dana.durr@c21nm.com
The biggest question that comes to mind, and I'm sure others will echo this in some format, is your tolerance for a longer commute in order to get more for your dollar. Both areas are awesome family areas, and I'm sure you would love each one. Ashburn is certainly closer in, assuming a commute near Ashburn or east of there.

Another option might be some options in Gainesville, which offer some great family neighborhoods around a golf course or two, but again, traffic/commute (like Haymarket) needs to be seriously considered.

You'll get more for your money in Haymarket, but you'll pay for it with a longer commute on a daily basis.

If I can help further, please feel free to text, email or call.

All my best,

Matt Elliott
Keller Williams
703-627-2167
MattE@kw.com
Ashburn is most happening place. schools are also good. I will suggest buy in ashburn

Kamal Singh
Jobin Realty
703-728-3403
novarealtor@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.vamdnewhomes.com