Home Buying in Haymarket>Question Details

Unspecified, Both Buyer and Seller in Chantilly, VA

We are a young family looking to buy soon. We can't decide between Dominion Valley Country Club in Haymarket, VA or somewhere in the Ashburn

Asked by Unspecified, Chantilly, VA Wed Mar 20, 2013

Area. We currently live in Brambleton and love it but the prices for single family homes here are just too high for us right now. My husband works in Fair Oaks- does anyone know how long of a commute that would be in the morning? We love the amenities and idea of living within the country club (we are very active) but we also love where we are in Ashburn and are not sure if we'd like the Haymarket area. We wouldn't be able to afford the country clubs here in Ashburn so that is not an option. We are looking to stay within $500-550k and a yard would be great....but if no yard then a neighborhood with lots of open areas for our two boys to run around in. Thanks in advance for your help!

Answers

10
Haymarket is a great area to raise kids for sure. The neighborhoods are active and there are wonderful schools as well. I know first hand, as I live here and I have 4 very active boys. Dominion Valley and Piedmont are two gated communities in the area. Both communities are built around an active lifestyle and are golf communities. There are trails, pools, tennis courts, tot lots ect. Traffic in the area can be rough at times. It really all depends on the time of day. The average time to get to Fair Oaks is about 20-25 minutes but during rush hour that could double.

I would happy to assist your family in finding the perfect home for your active lifestyle! I have helped many young families find their perfect home. Please feel free to give me a call or email me at anytime. I would be happy to talk about the area and the communities further, no obligation. I hope this helps a bit. Purchasing a new home is tough and I would like to help make that process less stressful.

Jessica Sanati
Homestead Realty
Cell: (202) 368-3494
Office: (571) 261-8800
jlsanati.realtor@gmail.com
homestdrealty.com
Minna Saini, DVCC Home Owner, Email: minnasaini@gmail.com

All the answers you have received are from the agents or brokers who want or would like to have you buy a home from them so they can make money.

I am a home owner and have lived in my house since August of 2002. I will give you my honest opinion. DVCC is probably the best community in Prince William County. HOA Fees of $190 are very reasonable and HOA Board Members take very good care of the community. Amenities are great - Golf course, walking and jogging trails, tennis courts, to klots, Indoor and Outdoor pools, Country club and strip mall with all kinds of stores and of course Super Giant --every thing so convenient. I commuted to Dc for 7 years. Commute to Fair Oaks area at 6 AM will be 25-30 minutes and about 40 minutes to come home around 4 PM.

My house is currently in the market for $522,900. You can come to see any time - no obligations- and I can spend an hour to show you all the community amenities. You can see it on Multiple listing or Zillow or Redfin.com for address 15121 Golf View Drive, Haymarket, VA 20169 or you can send me an w email at 'minnasain@gmail.com" and we can communicate further, if you like. Best wishes and good luck in your search!
Dominion Valley Country Club, is no doubt a great community,but don't overlook Piedmont Country Club, http://www.Piedlink.org which is also in Haymarket, down the road from Dominion Valley. It is also a gated golf course community.

When I was a buyer, before I became an agent, I went driving around the areas I wanted to live... there is something intangible about a "feeling" you get about a community. Both communities are wonderful..just wanted to let you know you have another option for "country clubs" in Haymarket..... Gainesville, which is right there, next to Haymarket, also, has a nice gated golf course community called Lake Manassas...http://www.lakemanassas.com/wlcm.htm.

I have four kids, we have been through the elementary,middle and high schools in Haymarket.... I think its a great place to live...and we even have our own Kohl's and Walmart now..we're coming up in the world!!!! ;) Good Luck..!
Web Reference: http://www.konniemac.com
Hi. I have lived in Dominion Valley since it opened. The commute to Fair Oaks will not be a horrible one from DVCC. My office is in Chantilly so I make the commute to Chantilly regularly. During non traffic about a 25 minute commute. During rush hour about 45 minutes and on a really horrible day about an hour. I have a home on the market right now in the mid $500K range with 3 fully finished levels. It is called the Richmond floorplan. I am the top selling agent in Dominion Valley and will be having other homes come on the market this year in your price range. Please go to my website http://www.dominionvalleyinfo.com to learn information about the country club, HOA fees and what those fees cover and the different style and collection of homes. All of my active listings are posted there as well as all active listings in the community. There are several homes on the market now that would fit your price range. We are actively engaged in the country club being charter members since the club opened. We have raised three children through middle and high school. My website will offer a wealth of information and you can contact me through that site. Best wishes in your home site. We LOVE living here and have enjoyed watching Haymarket "bloom" over the last 11 years.
WOW!! Two of my most favorite areas in Northern Virginia, Brambleton & Dominion Valley!! It sure is a tough one but with the fact which you have laid in your question yourself ~ Dominion Valley is the place to be!! I love the amenities 'Dominion Valley Country Club" has to offer... Visit: http://www.dominionvalley.com (as a complete resource).
Of course, taxes are low in PWC and being in an amazing location - it's a great place to raise a family!! Absolutely, you can have your own yard for your little boys to run around, let me know when would be a good time so we can sit and lay your goal of finding the perfect home!!
For commute, I would try Google maps in the Rush hour with traffic projection right on your smart phone or computer (you don't have to actually drive in a rush hour to have a feel of it, technology is a great thing ~ why not use it). I-66 can be congested at time I would also try to tweak the time a little bit if that's an option.

Hope this information is helpful to you!!

Faiza Alvi - Realtor®
Prince William Realty, Inc.
703-389-7973 (Direct)
703-580-9995 (Fax)
http://www.house2homeva.com
MILLION DOLLAR CLUB - PWAR 2011

I believe:
Real Estate is about building relationships
& serving clients with honesty, integrity & passion.
Hi there. I know making choices such as this is not the easiest. At the end of the day you have to decide what is most important for you and your family...come into the neighborhood, and actually test the drive. Taxes are lower in Prince William County...how long do you plan to own this home is another question to ask yourself. Seeking a REALTOR to help you come to a conclusion may help by offering a different perspective you may not have thought of. If you haven't already contacted one my contact number is 703.216.5635...Cheryl Thomson, REALTOR, U.S Army (Retired)
I'm a full-time agent in the Gainesville area and am very familiar with Dominion Valley. It does offer a lot for the money. And PW County taxes are lower than Loudoun's. As for the commute, the best suggestion I can make is to rent a hotel room and actually give the commute a real life go. Pick a Monday...the worst day of the week for morning commute. If it's something you and your spouse can deal with, Dominion Valley would be a great place to call home.
Hello, I am a little biased as we live in Dominion Valley and we LOVE it :) We moved here about 7 years ago from Ashburn and have been really happy here! We enjoy the amenities DV offers as well as area parks. Schools are great which makes our neighborhood very desirable. It takes about 30 min. to get to Fair Oaks from here. If you have any more questions or would like a tour of the neighborhood, please feel free to call me at 571.275.8646 or visit our website http://www.HaymarketHomeSales.com

Paulina Stowell
Just call me! The Dominion Valley Girl! I live here and work here! I have all your answers! 703-582-8368.
I'll meet with you at no obligation to you!! I have small kids in the schools too :)
Hi there, the commute between Fair Oaks and Haymarket in rush hour can be 25-45 depending on weather, accidents, etc.

please contact Deliea Roebuck at sweethomeva.com or 703.505.5252 to explore housing in your preferred area. Take a read at the client testimonials on her site, so you can get a sense of how hard she works for her clients.