Home Buying in Palm Springs>Question Details

Winarski, Other/Just Looking in Palm Springs, CA

We are Canadian and want to purchase vacation home in Palm Springs area. What are the avarage H.O.A. fees for mobiles or condos?

Asked by Winarski, Palm Springs, CA Tue Dec 7, 2010

Answers

12
Between $200-$400 per month. We have assisted a number of Canadians find their perfect Palm Springs vacation home. Give us a call when you have a chance so we can set up a time/date to meet when you are in town next. We will go over what you're looking for, show you what the available options are and share with you how we can best assist you. Please keep us in mind. We are here to help.

Even if you don't go through us if you have any questions feel free to call us.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 25, 2011
Are there any current surveys that show fees by property. There is one survey on the web but it is a 2004 survey.
I would say 400 up to 600, please be aware when buying homes in palm springs. Some are very high especially developments that have bought the land back from Indians. which are real high.
I think Palm Springs is an excellent choice for buying a home in the desert. I know that many people say Palm Springs when they're referring to the Coachella Valley. Doug's answer covers most of the HOA informaton. In addition, the development may be low density.....few homes on a nice amount of land. In this instance, a large area of greenbelt will, also increase HOA fees. Some HOA dues include trash, water. cable. One development has golf and social fees, in addition to their regular fees and puts their HOA dues close to $1000/month. Lastly, if the development is guard gated, that will affect the HOA dues.
I hope that answers most of your questions. If not, perhaps I can answer some other questions you may have.

Ronnie Starr
760.668.2237 cell
I am making an assumption that you are retired or semi-retired? If correct, is there a reason you have limited yourself to only the PS area? Condos or mobiles seem to be your focus, is that because they are perceived as better values for purchase price and HOA fees? I would like to propose you include some of the active adult communities in your search if you have no compelling reasons for your initial question. For example, the Sun City (Palm Desert or Shadow Hills). Great floor plans, prices (starting in mid $100s and up to 900K) all for low HOA fees with tons of amenities. You buy a lifestyle in this type of housing. Proof being many, many of your countrymen have purchased in them. If you would like more information please contact us.
If you dont mind Desert Hot Springs, which is a little community about 10mi. n of Palm Springs. There are parks with no HOA's. My listing is in a small community west side of town. space rent is #424 mo. That's all! You pay all ur own utilities separate. i have a 1999 maunfactured home,1456 sq ft. 3bd 2ba with a master retreat off master bd. It has a door that leads outside, plus lots more!

Call me if i can be of any service. I would be glad to send you more info on homes the area!
Web Reference: http://www.kw.com
Hi Winarski,

I just ran an analysis of all the condos currently listed for sale in the MLS in Palm Springs, and here are some stats for you:

The Mean condo HOA = $396
The Median condo HOA = $365

*The mean tends to be susceptible to outliers, so in this case I would say that the median is a more accurate measure of the "average" HOA.

But as others have mentioned before, it really just depends on what community you will choose to live in. Let me know if you would like additional information.

Happy Hunting,
Akop
Web Reference: http://www.vchousehunt.com
Palm Springs HOAs vary greaty. They can be as low as $100 to over $800 a month! It really just depends on what community you're interested in.
The HOA's and space rent fees or lease land fees vary from community to community. I recently represented a buyer that bought in Seven Lakes in Palm Springs and all the dues combined run around $800. My listing in Palm Springs is on lease land and the lease is $1242 per year and HOA's are $236. Another listing for a condo close to Smoketree shopping center the HOA's are $400 per month.

It all depends on what you are looking for and where you are looking. I am available to show you homes and find out all the information you need if you decide to purchase here. Just give me a call.
Doug's answers are excellent however there may addtional cost if you buy on lease land to consider.
Hi, For condos, HOA fees can range from as low as $250 a month to $500 a month or higher. Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture: what are your does payhing for? In some complexes, the roofs are included in the HOA maintenance; others require the homeowner to take careof their own roofs; do you have multiple pools and spas; are they heated during the winter; are there other amenities such as tennis courst, clubhouses, fitness centers that require additional maintenance; does the complex have adequate reserves (if reserves are not sufficient, perhaps a result of low HOA fees, special assessments will be passed to do some maintenace projects).

As for mobile homes, there typically is a space rental fee of anywhere from $300-600 a month and sometimes also an HOA fee to cover the cost of additional amenities.

I hope that answers your questions.

Doug
Hi, For condos, HOA fees can range from as low as $250 a month to $500 a month or higher. Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture: what are your does paying for? In some complexes, the roofs are included in the HOA maintenance; others require the homeowner to take careof their own roofs; do you have multiple pools and spas?; are they heated during the winter?; are there other amenities such as tennis courst, clubhouses, fitness centers that require additional maintenance?; does the complex have adequate reserves (if reserves are not sufficient, perhaps a result of low HOA fees, special assessments will be passed to do some maintenace projects)?.

I hope that answers your questions.