Home Buying in Greenville>Question Details

Dawntimber, Home Buyer in Greenville, NC

We a researching possible transfer locations and I need to find a good school for two teenage girls. We would be willing to go public or private.

Asked by Dawntimber, Greenville, NC Wed Jan 22, 2014

Answers

3
Greenville, SC has so much to offer with the sporting events (ice hockey, baseball, etc) and the arts (Peace Center, SC Children's Theater) and the food (over 82 restaurants downtown Greenville).

As for schools, each public school is a little different. Depending on what your children are interested in such as Engineering, Arts, sports, etc. may be the deciding factor on which school district you will want to be located.

I personally bought in Anderson County because of the great academics that Wren and Powdersville Schools have. We are only 10 miles to Greenville and our schools are top notch. If you are looking for a private school, Christ Church is one of the best.

You can go to schooldigger.com and search the different schools.

If I can be of any help, please contact me at 864-630-3195 of jpruitt@cbcaine.com

Jason
Good Morning,

I just moved from NJ to Greenville, SC, last July. I have two daughters as well. Senior and Junior in HS.
In general you have to be aware that public school here are rather on medium level. JL Mann belongs to one of the better schools in Greenville. It is a public school, but we do have a lot of good private schools, christian and catholic. In my case I was not willing to pay for two year of private HS. Since we are focusing right now on College. My older one applied to five of them, we still waiting for two more to replay. There is one PHS in the area, which suppose to be the best in SC, I do not remember the name, it is Riverside or something like that.

Just want to let you know, that Greenville is a great city to live in. It remains me Hoboken, NJ.
It is a place constantly developing, with a great future.. Mass of cultural activities, concerts. Your girls would love it. I used to live close by NYC, but we haven't seen so many concert there as we did here.Greenville has bee called a "foodie town". Great restaurants, nice crowd, lots of things to do.
Moving from NJ to SC was my best decision. Our life style is much more calmer and affordable.
Hi, Yes! We have excellent facilities for competitive swimming. The YMCA has two locations where they offer this type of swimming. The first is Spartaquatics in Duncan, SC, and the Westside Aquatic Center on the West side of Greenville. Some of the schools offer swim teams as well. My son attends Riverside High School in Greer, SC, which is an excellent school with a competitive swim team. Many of the high school team students swim at either of the two facilities I mentioned above. Email me you'd like more information about the schools or the swimming facilities. I'll do my best to help you. My son swam at Spartaquatics for a season. Here is the link:http://www.gocukes.com/Home.jsp?team=scsyssc. We love Greenville, for many reasons! Here we have an excellent choice of both public and private schools. Several of our public high schools have made the Top 500 public high schools in the USA list. I also have a 7th grader. You will love the Greenville area! We have many great choices!
Flag Wed Jan 29, 2014
Thank you. We have a Sophmore and a 7th grader. They are both competitive swimmers and we would need a USS swim team close by. Do you know of any.
Flag Wed Jan 22, 2014