Home Buying in Payson>Question Details

Alee, Both Buyer and Seller in 91106

Wanting to trade my condo in California for a cabin or house in the Payson area, preferably on water.

Asked by Alee, 91106 Sat Oct 15, 2011

I am looking for a house on a creek or river in the Payson, AZ area. I have a very nice condo in Pasadena, CA that I'd like to trade. Participation is limited on trade sites. I was wondering if there is anyone who would be interested in trading their Payson home that maybe haven't considered this before (they sell to me, I sell to them, still use our prospective realtors).

Answers

10
I'll let Brad deal with the "dead fish" issue, Alee, but with all due respect, there's no way your property is priced right. If it's been on the market for that long, then the price is too high - plain and simple. If you're thinking there are NO buyers out there, then you really need to do some more research. Buyers are buying homes all over the country, and in at least 20 major markets, prices are starting to rise. So to say that there are NO buyers for your property is respectfully just not accurate. At the right price, I have no doubt you could sell it. But that price may not be what you 'think' is the right price. It ultimately comes down to a price that you're willing to accept.

Best of luck to you!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 16, 2011
Also, which trade sites are you listed on?
Thanks, Wendi. My condo is listed on GoSwap:http://goswap.org/index.php?option=com_cmsrealty&cmsrealty=user&action=listingview&Itemid=49&listingID=8261
ID#8261 and http://www.besthouseswap.com/Condominium-in-California-18116-swap.htm?from_state=California&features=Pasadena.
I have not updated the price on either site. Current Zillow value is $375,000-385,000.
Are you listed on any trade sites? Thx, Alee
Flag Thu Aug 9, 2012
There are many people looking into three way trading. It is hard to find, yes, but for example if I bought your pasadena place which enabled you to buy your payson place which enabled a third party to buy my New York place, then I could buy your Pasadena place. Depending of course on how much you are asking for it. So...let me know.
Hi Alee,
I live in a community called East Verde Estates, about 3.7 miles outside of Payson, AZ. There is a home listed for 299.000 (appx) that is located directly on the East Verde River. The gentleman who owns it is going through a divorce (according to the gossip) and is needing to sell. Don't know if this may be of iinterest to you. Just came across this on my searches and thought I'd throw this in. Take care and good luck!
Info
MLS ID: 64504
548 W Eleanor Payson, AZ 85541
I'm sorry to disagree. I had my property listed with one of the top realtors in the area, dropped my price $100,000. Yes, that is one hundred thousand dollars, which was spot on with Zillow. People are not buying in that area, but several house traders are interested because it is priced right and it is very nice. I just was not interested in their properties/locations. I had a trader from Phoenix, but I hate Phoenix. Just looking for the right properties and taking my time. My condo rents for $1750 a month, so I'm not that motivated. I have the cash to buy another property outright but would rather make sure I can get rid of an existing property before I purchase another one.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 16, 2011
No such thing as not selling if you have the Right price. Barter works if you are trading similar valued items. Appraise your property then run an ad for trade for similar value home, or offer to pay more for more value. The biggest problem is if you owe on your home your lender will have to be paid either way. Not being close minded just pointing out that trading is problematic at best and near impossible. And people can sell and people can buy. I've sold more this year then in 2005. The fact is all homes sell if prices right.
And BTW, dead fish is old news and not even funny. That's a sure way to turn people off to listing their property with realtors who do not think out of the box.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 15, 2011
In answer to the 'non answers' of trading: If no one can sell, no one can buy. At least trades solve both problems.I appreciate the answers, but people aren't stupid. Why list your home for 4 years and have wear and tear and no offers to buy? At least I've had at least 6 offers to trade, all I've rejected. Yes, it's hard to get the right trade. But having had my place for sale since 2007 at the right price and it's like new and doesn't sell, that means people are not buying. Why? Because they can't sell their home. No one can buy if they can't sell, therefore for me trading is more reasonable than waiting another 4 years to sell.
Trade Dead Fish.. why not.
The idea seems simple enough and why not get a home here for a home there.. well...
You have to find someone that wants what you have.. and has what you want...
That is why we call it trading dead fish.. usually you get something you don't want and they get the same..
Sell your property and Trade CASH for a home you would live in. Just a thought.
Best of luck,
Brad
Web Reference: http://bradbergamini.com
Good luck with that approach! Why not just sell your condo first??