Carl Sumner, Home Buyer in New Port Richey, FL

Wanting to move from one coast of Florida to the other. Can I keep my job here and till buy there?

Asked by Carl Sumner, New Port Richey, FL Sat Apr 25, 2009

I live on one coast of Florida, (with my mother-in-law) where my wife and I both have steady, reliable work histories. We are looking at property on the opposite coast so that we can relcate to be closer to my family. I am being told by agents that we need to be employed within the county I am looking to buy or I will not be able to qualify in that county. As long as I am able to afford the house and payments, can I be turned down because I am not currently employed there? (If we rent while we search for employment, we will lose $ on first, last and security, that we intend to use as our down payment. Our plan was to buy, search for employement, then move). Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Answers

3
I know this is a late answer, keep you job until you secure financing! say you will commute or whatever, but this market is too rough to raise red flags, replace it with one of equal or better pay as quickly as possible and make sure you have a buffer in the savings account to cover at least 4 to 6 months worth of bills if at all possible!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 19, 2010
Carl,

this is news to me. Many people live in one state and commute to another state for a job. I do not understand the realtors answers unless you are looking for down payment assistance. If not, go for it. Find a mortgage company first that will preapprove you. then start looking for the right realtor to help you find the right home.

Let us know if we can help in any way.

Bill Szydlowski
Future Home Realty
813-323-4443
Web Reference: http://www.tampamyhome.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 25, 2009
You can purchase with 10% down if you qualify.

Contact me if you are purchasing over 100k

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps