Home Buying in Destin>Question Details

misscook83, Home Buyer in Dundee, FL

Want to relocate to Destin FL or its surrounding areas. What are the Pros & Cons of buying a home VS renting in the Destin and it surrounding areas?

Asked by misscook83, Dundee, FL Mon Aug 12, 2013

Answers

6
I'm not sure how familiar you are with Destin, so I'll give you two schools of thought here...

Sometimes it's not a bad idea to rent when you first relocate to a new area that you are not that familiar with. It gives you a chance to learn the area and figure out which area fits you and your lifestyle the best.
Be aware though that rents are not inexpensive in the Destin area and long term rentals can be few and far between because of the popularity of vacation rentals in this area.

If you're feeling confident about where you want to be in the Destin area, then buying a property here makes sense too and you really can't go wrong with that option. Inventory is low right now and prices are on the rise so if you find something you like and you're comfortable with your decision to take the plunge, then go for it!

Good luck with your house hunting! If I can be of help to you, don't hesitate to connect with me at (850) 933-7899 or Teresa@Teresa-Turner.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
Hello Miss Cook,

Renting for awhile means you will pay more should you decide to buy in the future as prices in the Destin are on the rise as inventory levels continue to decline. Also, the money you spent renting you will not get a return on. Money you spend on a mortgage you will get back when you sell. You will also have the ability to "create a home" if you buy vs. having wall colors, landscape, etc. chosen by your landlord. Rents are rising too, so your rent payment is only stable for one year and could go up during next year's lease term. A mortgage payment stays the same forever. You will also get a deduction on your income taxes for mortgage interest which you will not get if you rent. If you buy, you have control over where you live. If you rent, your landlord could suddenly decide to sell the house, and you could be forced to move at an inconvenient time in your life. I would love to help you find a great home. Call me at (850) 543-8033 or email LisaE@LAHReaEstate.com. I encourage you to contact Mike Tarleton, Mortgage Lender (see below) to get preapproved before you start house hunting.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
Long term rentals are not easy to find in this area and do not offer the tax advantages of owning your own home. Rates are still very low by historical standards and it is a great time to buy.

I am a local lender. Feel free to call me anytime with questions about qualifying and loan products.

Mike Tarleton
Sr. Mortgage Loan Officer
Bank of England
5410 E. Hwy 30-A
Suite 212
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
850-866-2963 (Cell)
706-888-0980 (Cell / Text)
866-727-8521 (Fax)
NMLS: 264821
http://www.bankofengland.us
http://www.bbb.org/arkansas/business-reviews/mortgage-banker…
We are very proud of our AAA rating with the Better Business Bureau at the Bank of England. “We do what we say, and complete what we do”. Please look at our rating with the BBB.
Web Reference: http://www.bankofengland.us
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
Simply, if you can afford to buy, it's a better choice. It is less expensive to buy, you get a tax advantage, you can do what you want with your own property, you can have a pet, etc. There are so many pros. The only con is you have to get things fixed for yourself, but I can help you find a competent handy man to take care of almost any need. The cost is much less than you might imagine. Let me show you how you can be a proud home owner. Prices and interest rates are going up, so don't wait too long. Call me at 850-830-5541 to start your search.
This is a deep question. It really cannot be answered with a simple explanation. I work exclusively as a buyer's agent and would love to assist you. My services are free to use and I can show you any property along the Gulf Coast that fits your budget and needs. I look forward to hearing from you soon. You can email me directly at Kelly@KellyKleinSoldMine.com or call me anytime at 850-420-2480.

Warmly yours,
Kelly
It is the right time to buy in the Destin area. Location is extremely important. Where do you want to live can be answered in a variety of ways. Work, church, activities all drive the answer. Budget plays a factor as well..