Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

bottapat, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

Want to relocate near Charlotte. We need horse property for our 2 horses and looking not to spend over $250,000. We are presently on Long island.

Asked by bottapat, Charlotte, NC Wed Feb 20, 2013

we are in our 60's and our daughter,41 and grand daughter 17 will be coming with us. my daughter may be able to relocate her job to charlotte.

Answers

15
Good morning, CLP
There are currently about 17 3+ bedroom 2+ bath homes with over 1500 s.f. within about 25 miles of uptown Charlotte and which are being marketed as suited to horses or equestrian activities http://goo.gl/XE322

There are also 114 homes within the greater Charlotte area with over 2 acres, but not necessarily listed as being suitable for horses http://goo.gl/qKG4a

Finally, there are 42 properties within the greater Charlotte area with over 2 acres and listed as "lots or farms with a dwelling" (any size, condition or type dwelling), but not necessarily listed as being suitable for horses http://goo.gl/SbirL

We would need to verify that zoning and any community or deed restrictions would allow for two horses to be stabled on these properties. If not, there are a lot of places to stable horses in our area. You might consider finding the house you REALLY like and keeping your horses nearby - just contact through profile if interested in the houses associated with this option. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 20, 2013
I have acreage Mooresville/ rowan Cty
I have 15 acres just reduced to $149,000. Sylvia smith 704-392-0559
I have 15 acres in Gastoinia just reduced $149,000.
Hi there! I have a listing in Union County in the Wesley Chapel area that might work for you. The property is on 7 acres and is 100% fenced. The house is a 3br brick ranch. My client has had horses on the property in the past. The house is in the highly sought after Weddington High School zone. Here is a link to the property if you would like more information!

http://www.buyahomeincharlotte.com/listing/mlsid/460/propert…

Kathleen Turner, ABR, CRS, ePro
Keller Williams Realty@gmail.com
704-609-2688
I have my place for sale for 168,000. The house is small, but at the price you can add on easily...8 acres, perimeter is fenced with 2x4 woven wire, cross fenced with 1" tape. I have moved to VA with work. This place is $31,000 under tax value. It is close to downtown (in Charlotte we call it uptown!) and is very close to all highways. I would still be there if I had not had a great job offer!! The place is also close to Latta plantation which has great trails. It is 3 bed, 1-1/2 bath...but could see a great room and master bedroom built off the back....

here is the add I posted in Charlotte Area Equestrians on FaceBook:

8 plus acre farmette for sale in Charlotte. It is $31,000 Below tax value (currently asking $168,000). It is an 8 acre equestrian farm close to everything. The home is small (1008 sq ft) features hardwood floors and open spacious plan. The home has a wrap around deck on the side/back that is perfect for entertaining. Also there is a two stall barn with a tack room and hay shed. The property offers a spring fed creek and has a riding ring. Partially wooded and perimeter is fenced. There are 3 lots being sold together: 2613, 2621 and 2713 Hart Rd. A lot of potential and only 9 miles from uptown Charlotte, close to the airport, close to Latta Plantation and close to interstates. Buildable lots, too! The house has newer roofing, central heat and air, appliances. New interior paint and carpet in the bedrooms. City water is hooked up and well is still available for the pasture. I have moved out of state, the MLS is below.

Opportunity abounds for this place...Add on for room or build somewhere else on the acreage!

MLS 2125093 Jim Beaty Century 21 Realtors, 704-622-9628
I have dropped the price on my place to $150,000. This is very close to all highways and is ready to move in!
Flag Wed May 29, 2013
Bottapat,

I have a 2381 heated square foot brick house for you at 10801 John Russell Rd, MLS# 2120575. THE PRICE NOW is $205,000, tax value is $212,300, appraised value 3months ago was $225,000. My seller is going to put $10,000 worth of upgrades into the kitchen..granite counter-tops, stainless steel appliances, tile backsplash.

As for horses, you can put 1 horse per 1 acre in Mecklenburg county. This parcel has 2 acres which means 2 horses on this tract. There is a barn across the street and the neighbor rides his horse frequently. UNCC campus is a 10 minute drive from this house.

Regarding floor plan, there are 2 bedrooms upstairs and 2 bedrooms downstairs. The front end of the house may be closed off from the back end of the house. The upstairs may be closed off from the downstairs. This feature is great for blended families.

Hope to hear from you,
Robin
I can certainly help you with some great choices and locations, in particular Union County. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. 704-451-3895 or visit http://www.propertiesincharlotte.com.

Debbie Arriero
Arriero Realty, Inc.

Office: 704-451-3895
mailto://ArrieroRealty@gmail.com
There is a great area near where I also live. Horse boarding nearby. GREAT schools (Cabarrus County, Hickory Ridge High School), Lowest property taxes for 3 surrounding counties.

Please feel free to contact me to pick my brain at 704-701-1288 or DianeZima@gmail.com
I love Horses!

I Know a great place! Great barn, Riding area. Sylvia Smith 704-392-0559, 704-287-8477
This one I can definitely help with! I am a horse person and realtor and am familiar with the availability of the horse properties in the area. If you'd like to contact me with more specific needs (ie - how many acres, house needs, proximity to Charlotte), I'd love to talk to you further and help out. My daughter is also 17, so I may be of some help with your granddaughters interests as well.

You may contact me at kball@helenadamsrealty.com or call me at 704-575-3700

Kathy Ball
Helen Adams Realty
There are several different areas around Charlotte that could accomodate you with your horses. A lot will depend on what size house you need and how far away from Charlotte you can be. If you can be within and hour of Charlotte, you have a lot of options.

If you want to share your email address, I can send you some homes in the Charlotte area that could accomodate 2 horses and you could see what you think. No obligation but just an easy way to start looking and hopefully get excited about moving here.

Lee Ann Miller, 704 562 2922 leeann.miller@allentate.com
This must be a very exciting time for you, Charlotte is a wonderful place and yes there is plenty of equestrian facilities and communities. We would be delighted to assist in the relocation and are available to run some searches once we have connected. Please contact me directly on giles@barker-group.us

Giles Barker
Barker Group c/o Keller Williams
Please contact me directly at John.Siddons@prucarolinas.com and I'll help you with your home buying search!

John Siddons
704-458-1843
I can help you locate a property. Please email or call me so we can communicate more effectively. 704-763-0059 charlottehomepro@gmail.com
Click on the link below to start searching for homes.
Web Reference: http://Www.jonnyagent.com