glady.singh, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

Want to purchase now for investment in either dwtn Austin or good community close-by; 250K max putting 20% down. Where and what to buy?

Asked by glady.singh, Austin, TX Tue May 7, 2013

seeking SFH or MFH with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths that has strong rental potential. Willing to entertain a fixer upper if pricing is right. Interested in auctioned, shortlisted and forclosed homes if avail as can put more money down if needed. Need ideas as to where it's best to invest and have someone who can work with us being in San Antonio.

Answers

13
Roxanne Kahn’s answer
This all depends on what you're looking for in an investment home. There are a lot of questions to be answered before we can start looking at certain areas. In this type of situation, I would definitely advise you to sit down with a Realtor and discuss in further detail the type of return and cash flow you're looking for.

My brokerage is in San Antonio and I work mainly in Austin, so if there's anything I can do to help please feel free to contact me!

Thanks and good luck,

Roxanne Kahn
Exit One Realty
(512) 994-8254
RoxySellsAustin@gmail.com
http://www.RoxySellsAustin.com
Glady.Singh,

Good day to you. There are some REAL opportunities in the present marketplace. The key question is where best to put your money? That will depend on your portfolio expectations. What is the desired ROR? What is the targeted time frame for holding the investment? What is the desired cash flow? Will you manage the property(s) yourself or will you require a property manager? Your answers will dictate more specifically where to invest your money and in what. Both SFH and MFH are great opportunities but you really have to know your defined investment expectations to determine where best to shop.
We would be happy to discuss in more detail your specific situation and requirements. We would then be better able to make recommendations specific to maximizing your portfolio. Feel free to contact us at your convenience.

Stephen B. McClain, Broker Owner
Cornerstone New Home Solutions

512-876-3116
smcclain@cornerstonenewhomesolutions.com
Good morning,

There are definitely a few opportunities for Auction properties in Austin. This came on the market this morning and looks like an excellent opportunity. 9000 Lodge CT Price: $129,000 Region: Austin - North Central. This, like most properties in Austin, should sell very quickly and be above asking. You have to be aggressive in this market and know where you investing.

I am very knowledgeable about the central Austin market and manage over 200 rental units within Central Austin. I don't do do Round Rock or Hutto, stick to the markets you know and make educated decisions.

If you are serious about investing, give me a call or shoot me an email.

Steve Johnson
512-940-9634
Steve@realtyprosaustin.com
Hi -

I work for JB Goodwin, and we have offices both in Austin, as well as San Antonio.

Additionally, we do more lease transactions than any other brokerage in Austin. We know the Austin rental market, and can advise you on the best areas with the highest rates of return.

I'd love to chat with you about your long and short term goals, and begin a search for you that will find properties that can cash flow positive from day one.

If you are interested, please let me know

Eric Hegwer
512-712-5842
eric@EricEstate.com
I would recommend about 4-6 miles just south of downtown. The homes have a strong rental market with great cash flow opportunties, and it rarely takes more than a couple of days to have multiple applications of qualified tenants. In addition, I think the area has very nice appreciation possibilities with its proximity to downtown.

Please feel free to contact me anytime to discuss in greater detail.

Steve Nusinow
(512)922-7588
There are certainly options available that fit your criteria. I am a member of Austin's and San Antonio's MLS search systems, I have intricate knowledge of both, and I live 1/2 way between the two cities. If you would like, I'd be happy to meet with you to discuss which options will give you the largest return on your investment. I will put in the extra effort to get you the best deal.

Ryan Smith
Essex Properties
512-466-1460

rsmith@essextexas.com
I've got my ideas of where I would invest and most of those neighborhoods would be in south Austin; close to downtown but still affordable. If you are interested in talking further shoot me a text or email or call me at 512/914-6118.

Brenda Sours
Realtor GRI
http://www.AustinHomesandMusic.com
AustinHomeSells@gmail.com
Glady.singh,
There will be some options in the general area of downtown mostly a few miles South and East in your price target. Investing in real estate is a multifaceted business. I would be happy to meet with you so we can get to know each other a little. Deciding who you can work with is important. For me, getting a grip on what your goals are is an important first step.

Best wishes,
Bill Austin ~ 512-709-6343 ~ bill@teamprice.com ~ Text - Call - Email - I will respond quickly.
Hi, Gladys,

$250K is not going to take you very far in downtown Austin. There are other areas great for investment purposes where your money can get you a lot more. I work with investors and can advise you well and also, once you buy a property, I can help you lease it. Let's talk about. Contact me by email or phone.

Vivianne Dordea, Realtor GRI
Sierra Homes Realty
512-970-8814
glady.singh, I would be happy to assist you with all phases of your purchase. I have a great team of lenders, inspectors, etc. to assist us throughout the process, plus I'm one of the top agents in the greater Austin area. I'm also an investor so I know both sides of the coin. Please contact me at your earliest convenience and I will do all I can to assist. I'm available seven days a week from 10 AM to 7 PM.

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Ranked #1 by Buyers and Sellers (JD Power & Assoc. 2012) Call 512-261-4415
This doesn't exist anymore or you are competing with 20+ buyers for the same place. You need to get in the know with a couple of REALTORS and get one before it hits the market.javascript:{}
As a Realtor and a lifelong resident of the Austin area, I'd be happy to be a resource for you. I have helped several of my clients purchase this exact type of property. Please feel free to contact me directly so I may help you.

I have a couple of listings that may fit as well. I look forward to hearing from you. Text, call, or email...whichever is best for you!

Jennifer Keefer
jennkeeferrealestate@gmail.com
512/924-4760
Please email me directly so we can discuss. ChadProctor@RealtyAustin.com