s84, Home Buyer in El Dorado Hills, CA

Want to buy newhome at Blackstone , El dorado, CAbut the lot we like will open in 6 months. Is it worth waiting till Aug2013.Will prices raise a lot?

Asked by s84, El Dorado Hills, CA Mon Feb 4, 2013

Answers

9
I believe that the market will command a higher price. If paying more does not bother you, then I would wait for what you really have your heart set on. For me I would buy a resale property as I know all the extra monies that one pays with a new home. Some of my clients just must have a new home and I understand that feeling also.

I think you will enjoying living in the area not matter what lot you select.

I wish you the best,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 10, 2014
Make sure you understand what school districts and boundaries are in Blackstone. The elementary school is up north and the high school they are bussed to is 16 miles away near Placerville.
We purchased a lovely home in beautiful Blackstone last year and are loving the house and this community!... My suggestion is to keep an eye on the Blackstone resale home market. Keep in mind that the pricey rear yards, interior upgrades, window coverings, landscaping, etc. will most likely be completed and established in a resale home, at a much less total cost than purchasing a new Blackstone home with the added expense, time and effort to complete these items.

The challenge is finding a suitable lot and similar upgrades that suite your taste. There have been a handful that have come on the market since you posted your question, most of which are very desirable with excellent upgrades and beautifully completed rear and side yards.

Best of luck and hopefully you find (or have found) the perfect Blackstone home that meets your dreams and needs. Whatever the outcome, I think you'll love this community, great location, amenities, neighborhood, neighbors, etc!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
I could not agree more.
Flag Sat May 10, 2014
There's an excellent chance that home prices will continue to rise in El Dorado Hills, as inventory decreases. I used to work for a large home developer and they will not negotiate on pricing when the market changes to a "Seller's Market", such as it is right now.

If you give them a good faith deposit on a home that has been released for sale, this will hold the pricing for you. If they have not released the lot you are interested in, then there's an excellent chance, with our current market, that the pricing will be higher in August of 2013.

The developers are always willing to negotiate more on a completed home. You will get the best price on a finished home, because they don't want those homes sitting in their backlog.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Janice Bothwell, Associate Broker
Lyon Real Estate, El Dorado Hills
Buying a home is a big decision. Whey you are in love with a home then you know it. No doubts.... You should be totally excited :)
It's anyone's guess but because of high demand & low supply, home prices are increasing dramatically. Statewide, prices jumped about 25% over the past year (http://www.sfgate.com/realestate/article/California-home-pri…).

The price for homes built 2010 or later in El Dorado Hills increased 22% from 2011 to 2012 so if that is any indication, I would say it's definitely possible. According to MLS there are currently 14 homes pending in Blackstone and 12 homes have sold there since July 2012. Demand is very high! If you would like any of the trend reports, I would be happy to send them to you.

Shannon Yoffie
Lyon Real Estate
916.337.4907
DRE# 01803503
Thankyou for your answers. I know it is hard to say but in Blackstone El dorado, CA -- after 6 months around Aug 2013 , if a new home opens up in our preferred lot would the Home Price increase by $40,000 or $50,000? Could house prices really increase by $50,000.
It is absolutely worth the wait if the location & home meet your criteria. Prices are definitely going up however, there is no way to know what the prices or interest rates will be in 6 months.

It is always a good idea to have your own realtor when purchasing a new home from the builder to assure your interests are represented & you have all the information necessary to make an informed decision. A few things to consider are HOA dues, Mello Roos fees, & school district boundaries. The prices for new homes are also generally higher than resale homes & many of the resale homes in El Dorado Hills don't have mello roos or HOA dues.

Hope this helps!

Shannon Yoffie
Lyon Real Estate
916.337.4907
http://www.syoffie.golyon.com
DRE# 01803503
Blackstone Community is a very nice development in El Dorado Hills. I would not hestiatate to act on a home purchase even though it will not be ready for 6 months. The Community Club house is awesome and offers many features. The solar feature on all of the homes is an incredible savings on your energy bill. I think whatever you do you should have an outside agent represent and negotiate for you, not the agent that represents the Builders in Blackstone. Call Peggie Ryan-Lanigan (Lyon Real Estate) at 916-768-4385 to discuss writing an offer. I have represented many home buyers and sellers in this community.