Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

Vesta Janner, Home Buyer in Jacksonville, FL

Want to buy a vacation home in JAX, FL. No rush to move in before school starts. Look/buy now? Or wait until fall after the back to school rush ends?

Asked by Vesta Janner, Jacksonville, FL Wed Jun 27, 2012

Answers

9
Definitely start now! Competition is heating up and you have to be ready when the right home comes along. I suggest you get pre-approved for a mortgage at the beginning of the process- this may give you more leverage when you find your perfect home. If you have questions about certain areas, etc... feel free to ask anytime!!

Tonya A. Strunk
904-673-1787
http://www.BuyAndSellJaxHomes.com
Definitely start now! The more time you have to do homework, the better off you'll be in the long run. I can set you up with a listing shopping cart that automatically sends you new listings as they come available. This will allow you to keep your finger on the pulse while doing homework on the areas that interest you. Let me know if I can help.

Jeff Metcalf, REALTOR(R)
Watson Realty Corp.
(904)495-0115
http://www.Realty2Reality.com
My answer to this question will be the same as the other agents. It is not too early to start looking, but remember other buyers are also looking. What ever you see today that you like will more likely than not be gone within a couple of weeks if the price is right.

My suggestion is that if you are serious get approved for your loan before you start that way if you see something you like you want loose it applying for your loan. If you are just looking around for a location that you like then take your time and look. Keeping in mind that what you see will not be on the market for long.

Henry Pruitt
Advanta Realty
(904) 635-4861
A big yes vote to start looking now. It's been very busy this year with product being picked over hard. Look soon before there's nothing left to look at. Let me know if I can search the MLS and send some listings your way to view. Have a great day.
I would suggest you start looking now, as the market is starting to change. Also there are a lot of short sales to consider and they take a longer time to close. I'd be glad to send you emails on homes available and as new ones come on the market, just give me a call or email.
Thank you for you question,
Brenda Waters, Realtor
brendawaters@bellsouth.net
(904) 707-7077
Given the number of short sales which take time to process and close, you may want to begin looking now. Also, if you plan to get a mortgage, rates are extremely low. If you wait, they may increase by the time you find something and close.

Let us know if we can help in any way.
what price range are you going to look in, 100k, 200k, 300k, over 600k?
What area of Jacksonville are you looking to purchase a home in?
Different areas of town experience different peak buying times.

Please email us and we can assist you with your buying time line decision and discuss what homes are available in the area you prefer.

Nina and Bill Bay
Watson Realty Corp.
904-553-8518
email: ninabay@comcast.net
Vesta,
I would start looking now. The market is turning very quickly and the better deals are starting to become few and far between. Inventory levels are depleting all over town and some of the more desirable parts of town are turning back into seller's markets. Obviously there is no rush for you to buy, but it can't hurt to start looking. Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.

Matt Carroll,Realtor
904-534-7814
matt@rocknhomes.com