Home Buying in Tucson>Question Details

Tina, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Want to buy a second home in Arizona, but we live in California

Asked by Tina, Los Angeles, CA Tue Nov 13, 2012

our children attend the UofA in Tucons and we'd like to buy a small second home there while they are in school and maybe even keep... we live/work/own our home in Californiia ... tahe creidt union can't help us b ecause they only service loans in CA

Answers

30
Ann Gavlick’s answer
Hi Tina,

What a great place for your children to attend college. My daughter just graduated last December from the U and we are so proud of her. I can certainly put you in touch with a lender here who can help you with your financing in Tucson and honestly working with a local lender who understands our market is the best option. You have many choices for second homes here in Tucson and I would love to discuss those with you. Feel free to give me a call at 520-548-8548 or email me at ann@anngavlick.com so that we can discuss your wish list for your second home. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,
Ann
Hi Tina,
You are the buyer I was looking for when I listed a central home within biking distance of the University! I described your situation to the seller as the "perfect buyer" for her home. This is a brand new listing, and I can also help your with the financing question. I own and list property in this affordable, conveniently located neighborhood, and would love to assist you.

Please call me directly!

Kat Tyree, Associate Broker
Long Realty Co

520-730-5540
TucsonKat@gmail.com (direct email)
Web Reference: http://Kat.LongRealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 22, 2013
I am happy to assist you with mortgage financing. Your idea is not uncommon. Please give me a call and we can discuss the pre-qualification letter you need to provide the realtor when you actually look and make an offer on a home. Minette

This information is not intended to be an indication of loan qualification, loan approval or commitment to lend. Other limitations may apply.

http://www.GoodMortgageInTucson.com

Minette Goldsmith-Fairway Independent Mortgage Corp. 5401 N. Oracle Road Tucson AZ 85704
520 975-3909
L.O. NMLS# 261487 AZ L.O. License #0912618, FIMC # 2289, AZ BK #0904162 Equal Housing Lender
Tina,

I live, work and play in the U of A area. I would be more than happy to assist. Call or email me today so that we can begin.
I would love to help you out and search for a home... Let me ask you one question have you buys ever stayied in Tucson before if not why not rent see if they like this area then we can help you get approved and get you guys a home if you want to talk my number is 520-867-0166
Both my daughters went to UOA and my son in law. We didn't live in Tucson then but loved it so much we moved there. They all graduated and my youngest still lives in the TH we bought while they were going to school. I like the idea of buying a home or TH instead of paying rent or living in a dorm. Let them stay one year to make sure they like it and then jump in and find a home for them opr for you. I have several great lenders that can help you and after living in Az for 40 years and Tucson for 18, I know the areas well. Good luck.
Hi Tina,

If you are still looking for a second property please consider:
20% of residents can be 40+, others are 55+

QUAIL CREEK a Robson Resort Community, you'll find resort-style amenities, innovative homes and countless of activities & social opportunities. As a first-time visitor, you can get a "Taste of Life" at one of the Robson Resort Communities of your choice. http://www.robson.com/quail-creek

Simply stop at the Model Village and:

• Complete a registration card
• Tour the beautiful collection of model homes
• Receive a voucher for a complimentary lunch for two at the community restaurant.

This is your opportunity to discover firsthand what life is like at a Robson Resort Community. We have preferred lender who can assist you with the financing you need.

Contact Sue at 520-940-0500 if you have additional questions or would like to set up a "Preferred Guest" stay at Quail Creek, 3 nights, 4 days in a Designer Home with complimentary 18 holes of Golf on our championship course and a hosted dinner.
That is no problem as we do this quite often. I myself bought a home for my dayghter to live in and go to UOA. We have great lenders here with great rates and terms. After graduating, my youngest daughter has stayed in that home and now works for the UOA. The prices vary by condition and location. Let me know and we can get started. Ric Mills ric925az@gmail.com
Tina,
Thank you for the question! As a Mom of 3 adult boys I know the UofA well and surrounding areas. I have lived in Tucson/OroValley for over 18 years and helped buyers and sellers with their real estate needs for 15 now!

Your question of who can help you with the loan is a great one and there are many answers! The state of AZ is full of lenders that would like to help. Your first step is to speak with a professional real estate consultant who will ask you enough questions to determine which professional lending institution may be able to help you best. Questions you may want to discuss: How long will I hold this property? Where is the down payment coming from? Would an Equity Line of Credit on my personal residence serve me best? Do I want my adult children on the loan to build their credit worthiness? Do I qualify for a better interest rate under the kiddie condo loan program?

Give me a ring and we can talk so that I may point you in the right direction for your individual needs!
Jodi Koch, Tucson Power Group, 520-907-2216
I have solutions for you, U of A is a specialty area. Different than any other Tucson area, you need expertise and experience to find a GREAT deal here or nearby surrounding area. How many children are at the college. Maybe a duplex? I have the knowledge and experience to help you with U of A properties or similar, read as "more affordable". I will assist you from beginning to closing and beyond, finding you the best possible property at the best possible price in the shortest amount of time!
Learn more about me on the internet under Sue Taylor-Lane. Associate Broker at Win3 Realty
Tina,
You can easily buy a second home in Arizona. My recommended lender requires 10% down payment.
I would like to be your Buyers agent. You can see what a few of my clients say about me at http://www.zillow.com/profile/ArizonaDreamHomes/ .

Just to let you know as you search, Trulia, Zillow, Yahoo and others have many out of date listings. To avoid this problem, please use http://www.CentralAZHomes.com to search. This site is updated hourly so you can stay on top of what is really available.

Loren Hoboy-Realtor
Your Local Expert
Central AZ Real Estate
LHoboy@centralAZhomes.com
623-688-0004
Hi Tina!

You have a lot of helping hands here! Let me just show you what my client said about me:

"My wife & I were homeowners in Southern California. Neither one of us had ever been to Tucson so we had no point of reference or contacts there--we needed an agent and a good one, fast! Thankfully, we found Jo Ann. She listened to our needs and she advised us on the pitfalls of being desert dwellers that we were not aware of. She made sure we had both eyes open at all times. Once we found "the house" we had to get back to CA and take care of our sale there. Jo Ann looked after our interests and arranged for the termite & structural inspectors. Can you say "Smooth Move"? Oh Yeah. All I can say is thank you, Jo Ann Schlott!" ~ Daniel K.

You can check out my other testimonials, too!

If you need help, let me know!

Whatever you decide, good luck with your move!

Jo Ann
Hi Tina,

I have helped many UofA parents buy homes for their students. I studied hydrology at the UofA, and I specialize in Central Tucson and income properties. You can learn more about my interests and my unusual background at my blog. The link is below.

You can also see professional recommendations from some of my clients, including some out-of-state buyers. A few bought their homes sight-unseen, based my understanding of their needs, extensive photos I took, and the floor plan I drew.

I want to refer you to a terrific loan officer who is very familiar with the mortgage programs for students and their parents: Catherine Ellinwood at Fairway Independent Mortgage. 520-954-1907. cellinwood@fairwaymc.com

Donna Moulton
Associate Broker
Tierra Antigua Realty
http://www.SweetDesertHome.com
I can help you, have you contacted a Realtor yet , if not I would love to be your agent please call me and we can talk 520-867-0166
Hi Tina,

I have worked with a couple of out of state buyers looking for retirement homes and their third homes, I work with a wonderful lender that communicate very well and that's the key in closing a transaction successfully. I would love to give you his name and contact information if you like. Please contact me at kmiller@longrealty.com or check out my website at http://www.kmiller.longrealty.com
Kind regards,

Kelly Miller
I would love to help you. Give me a call. 520 975 3909, see my blog about the El Tour De Tucson and looking for a second home. So timely. http://www.GoodMortgageInTucson.com/blog
Hi Tina,
I can recommend you to several lenders that can help you. Please call, text, or email me.

Eseosa Elaiho
REALTOR
Keller Williams Southern Arizona
520-979-0531
RealEstate@ShowMeTucson.com
I would also recommend Derrick Polder from Nova Home Loans. After you are pre-qualified give me a call. Not only do I work with buyers, I provide property management services as well. I am a one stop shop and I can help you with all your real estate needs here in Tucson.

Sam Zobreat
Owner/ Broker
Wildcat Realty & Property Management
(520) 312-8032
sam@realtywildcats.com
Hi Tina,

I have helped many buyers from out of state, even out of the country. Please click on my profile and read reviews from many happy past clients. I can help in every aspect, helping you obtain financing to viewing properties, all the way thru closing.

Hope to hear from you and best of luck in your search.

Spirit

Spirit Messingham, PLLC
3rd Generation Full-Time Realtor®
Tierra Antigua Realty
Direct (520) 471-6900
Fax (866) 365-5208
SpiritRealty@Cox.net
This is a great opportunity for both you and the lids. It is a chance to obtain investment property, but it is also a chance to buy owner occupied property at favorable prices, not available to regular investors.
I work with investors in both AZ and CA and would appreciate a chance to earn the privilege of being your agent.
Doug Seemann
520-370-8907
Dougs@longrealty.com
Tina,

I am happy to help if I can. If you would like the name and number of a lender, I can refer several for you to speak with.

Email me at donna@reedtucson.com and I'll get back with you asap!

Donna
Hi Tina,

I have a lender that I have worked with a lot that is very skilled at working out the details of financing for California residents.

We just closed a sale last week with California residents, and the process went beautifully and uneventfully, including my guy at the Title Company arranging for a remote closing, so my buyers could have a notary come directly to their house to sign the closing documents in their California home.

If you are able, please start the loan application and get the documents supplied now, ahead of time, to assure you of the smoothest possible transition to The Old Pueblo, our wonderful city of Tucson.

You may reach me at 520-331-2268 or kellyandgeorgia@yahoo.com with any questions that you have.

Blessings,

Kelly
Tina,
I can help you with a lender that services clients buying in Tuscon.
Here are two company names:
Academy mortgage - Tel: 480-580-1400, Corbin Olsen
People's mortgage - (520) 241-1428, Danny Plattner
VIP Mortgage - 602-373-0107, Eric Kilstrom

Please call me if you have additional questions.

Steffy
480-966-9353
Web Reference: http://www.talktosteffy.com
My team and I are very familiar with the properties in the UofA area.

In adddition my group of lenders and title people have extensive experienced in working with out of town Buyers

Feel free to contact me at your earliest convience. 520.440.5902cell/txt David@TucsonHomesBroker.com

THX David
Hello Tina, My name is Nina Willis with Realty Executives Tucson Elite. I work with great lenders and I have sold many homes in the U of A area. I have been in business for 16 years and would love to help you and your family with the purchase of your new home. Please contact me directly and I will get you to a lender that can pre qualify you for a loan and then we can start the search for your new home. 520-405-3208 NinasHomes@aol.com.
The best in Southern AZ is Nova Home Loans: Derrick or John Polder: 520-745-0050 or derrick.polder@novahomeloans.com. & be sure to call me to help you find a home. We specialize in 2nd homes.
Hello Tina. Welcome to Tucson. You have selected a wonderful community for your kids to attend school and live. I would be happy to help you find a second home that fits your needs. I would be happy to refer you to a local lender who can pre-qualify you. You can reach me at 520.668.8293 or lisab@longrealty.com.

Kind Regards,

Lisa Bayless
Hi Tina:

I would be glad to help you with this purchase transaction. I cover all of Arizona and have done transactions in Tucson, Prescott, Flagstaff, Show Low, Montezuma, etc., etc., so no problem there.

If you on LinkedIn, look me up (see below) and you will see I come highly recommended.

Please feel free to contact me off-forum to move forward.

Take care.

Bill Parker, Loan Officer
AZ Lic# 09011570
CPA--Licensed, no longer practicing

GenCor Mortgage Inc.
15730 N. 83rd Way, Suite 103
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
(O) 480-525-8496; (M) 602-565-3646; (F) TBD
EM: BParker@GenCorMortgage.com
Website: http://www.GenCorMortgage.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/billparkercpa

MISSION STATEMENT: To create an unbelievably enjoyable experience for my clients, while guiding them through the most important financial transactions of their personal lives. My clients know me as their Mortgage Lender for Life. I truly appreciate your referrals.

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.
Red Adair, Oil well firefighter
I have a few lenders I can refer you to. Give me a call at 520.247.6352 or email at msanchez@kw.com. As a recent graduate from the UofA I can certainty help you find a home as well. Hope to hear from you soon!