Ylang, Home Buyer in 08873

Want to buy a house in adult community with parents who aren't us citizen but over 55 . They'll stay less than 6 months per year. Is that?

Asked by Ylang, 08873 Sun May 20, 2012

legal?

Answers

5
Hello Ylang,

Please check with the Adult community on your parent's Visa status. If they are Green Card holder, they may be qualified. If they are Visitors, they may not be qualified.
Usually, the Adult communities are very strict about just the adults staying in the house and not their children or grand children, relatives etc,.

Vishal.
I assume you intend for both you and your parents to be on the Deed. I also assume that you are under 55. Here is another possibility - find out if space is still available in the adult community's Under 55 Allowance. If there is space left you may not have an issue.
Check the by laws of the community you're thinking about. Each community differs, but most allow people 55 and over to stay longer than anyone under 55.
Absolutely legal. A more important question would be how they are purchasing the home If it is with cash, it is simple. If using financing, it will depend on their status in the US. There are loan programs for non-citizen purchasers depending on credentials. If you contact me I can provide you with some lenders that have helped other non us citizen clients of mine purchase homes in the US.

There are a couple more questions that would need to be asked before answering this question. I suggest speaking with an real estate agent who can assist you. mjenkins@weichert.com