Home Buying in Florida>Question Details

Richard, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

Want to buy a condo in south east Florida.

Asked by Richard, Outside U.S. Wed Dec 16, 2009

Hi, I am looking to buy a vacation home in Florida. I presently own several winter weeks of timeshare at the Golden Strand Resort in Sunny IslesBeach. I really like the area but I would like a more permanent home. Need to be walking distance to the beach with a low maintenance monthly fees.Between Pompano Beach and Bal Harbour in a quiet area. Prefer a condo 2 bdr. or a good deal on a 1 bdr no need to be fancy.I am not familiar with realestate /Bank-own, foreclosure or short-sale but would appreciate a good deal. Tks for the advise.

Answers

1
Richard,

There is definitely a "trade off" for low HOA fees hen it comes to condo living. One can generally assume that with lower condo fees there will be an evident lower standard.

If you are looking for a good deal on a condo and applying this criteria into a short sale or foreclosure our recommendation is to do so with care. There are many seemingly great deals in the current market that can bring great liability to purchasers of these properties.

When going this route be certain to do your homework, collecting as mush information on the complex as possible....be sure to review the annual financial report, access the occupancy/ownership information, etc. in an effort to establish if the community is stable.

Best wishes,
The Eckler Team