Home Buying in Detroit>Question Details

Quintina Key, Home Buyer in Detroit, MI

Waiting on short sale to be approved and RealEstate co was raided and being investigated by the FBI for mortgage fraud. What are my options, if any?

Asked by Quintina Key, Detroit, MI Thu Feb 28, 2013

Answers

5
My thanks to all of you for advising me of my options regarding; waiting on Short Sale approval & RealEstate Co. is investigated by FBI. ....... I was able to contact the seller of the property and make an offer to proceed with the short sale by obtaining a new agent or real estate attorney,
(I want the house) and was out done with everything when she informed me of an existing $11K Judgement Lien on the property. Company with the judgement lien won't transfer lien over to sellers new property without 1/3 payment down. Seller don't have the money. This deal appears to be dead and I feel seven months have been wasted waiting on a deal that was going nowhere.
Contact me to discuss your options
The real estate brokerage doesn't control the approval or negotiation of the short sale. If you're the buyer, locate the seller by visiting their current home. If they still occupy the property, you can connect with them and keep moving forward with a new agent to complete the short sale.

If the seller doesn't still reside in the home you're attempting to purchase, but still lives in the state, you may have to do a little digging, but find them and connect. Chances are great that they want to continue moving forward with the short sale.

If you're the seller, contact the lender directly and track down your short sale negotiator. Make them aware of the situation and get all of their contact info.

Next, get a qualified realtor or short sale attorney to help get the short sale completed.

Legal short sale experts that come highly recommened: Aronoff and Linnell.
In this situation I would consult with a Real Estate Attorney to review over all documents and advise you of your next step.
Thank you
Flag Fri Mar 1, 2013
Thank you
Flag Fri Mar 1, 2013
Are you the buyer or seller...?