Home Buying in Orlando>Question Details

Howard Miller, Home Buyer in Beverly Hills, CA

WHEN A CONDO COMPLEX SAYS"SHORT TERM ZONING CAN I LIVE THERE ALL YEAR ?

Asked by Howard Miller, Beverly Hills, CA Tue Oct 13, 2009

Answers

5
Hi Howard,

Yes, you can live there year round. Short term zoning simply means that the owners of the property have the option of leasing their unit out on a short term basis, weekly etc. These communities were designed to cater to 2nd home purchasers , investors etc. with the option of doing an expense offset by leasing out short-term to vacationers. However, there is nothing that precludes an owner from living at the unit year round.

If I can provide further information or future real estate assistance, please feel free to contact me at 407-595-9700 or marty@floridasells.com.

Marty Kaiser
Accredited Buyer's Representative(ABR)
Broker/Associate
marty@floridasells.com
407-595-9700
Web Reference: http://www.floridasells.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 13, 2009
Hi Howard,

Looking to move from California to Florida. Great idea.

The other answers are 99.9% correct. The only thing to watch out for is places that are marketed as condos but are really condotels (hotels where the rooms are sold as condos). There are certainly some fot hese where you are not allowed to occupy the unit more than 50% of a year.

There are some great deals in condos right now. Check out my website and if you like my approach, then I be glad to help you out. I do lots of long distance searching for out-of-towners.

Good Luck,
Mark LeMenager
Weichert, Realtors - Hallmark Properties
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 18, 2009
Hello Howard,

I hope you are having a great Tuesday!
When a single family, townhome, or condo is zoned for short term rentals, you can live there year round, or rent it out on a weekly/nighty basis or on a long term basis (6mos or more).

If you property is zoned residential, you can live it in year round or long term, but not on a weekly or nightly basis.

I hope this helps with your question. Feel free to contact me to answer any more that you might have.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Fortier
Cinderella Realty
863-450-6449
Yes you can, I have clients currently living in not only Condo communities but also single family home style communities, they like resort living.

The only downside is your neighbors will change daily, weekly and possible none at all for a while, the upside is neighbors will change and the clubhouse amenities will be yours.

Broker Dave
GRI, ePRO, GREEN

Visit my profile located here on Trulia, it’s easy, just mouse over my picture and click.
Web Reference: http://OrlandoHomeStore.com
In most cases you can, but there are areas where you have to rent out the unit purchased. Send me an e-mail with what area you are looking at and I can let you know.

Lars C. Kier, P.A.
Future Home Realty
Lars@KierHomes.com
Web Reference: http://www.KierHomes.com