Mary Shapiro, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

WHAT IS THE TRANSFER TAX IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA?

Asked by Mary Shapiro, Las Vegas, NV Thu Aug 16, 2007

Answers

5
Mary,
$5.10 per $1,000 of the sales price of the property is the amount for all of Clark County. I work in Mesquite NV where transfer tax is 'customarily' paid by the seller - but it is a negotiable cost that can be paid by either buyer or seller depending on what property you buy. Some new home builders refuse to pay it. If you are buying a foreclosure property from the bank, you will get a counter offer stating what the bank will or will not pay - but it is still negotiable. Your real estate agent should work up a net sheet based on your offer on any property and what costs you are agreeing to pay. That net sheet would be adjusted if you agree to different terms in a counter offer.
Virginia Hepp
ERA Brokers Consolidated
Mesquite NV
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 1, 2009
I am selling an acre of land in Henderson NV. I've had lThis land for about 10 years and hear hat if I sell , I need to be aware of the sales tax laws when pricing the land and considering all fees involved. What is the sales tax in Clark county for selling land( no structure )?
My Company bought a property, but I am not interested in seIl or have any profit from it. I am just want to transfer it to another person. Is it the same amount of Transfer Tax?What other costs should I pay for this kind of transaction?
Mary,

Guy is right. $5.10 per $1,000 of the sales price of the property.

Reno is nice, love the skiing in your neck of the woods Guy.

John Goad, Jr.
of The Goad Team
Century 21 Infinity
Web Reference: http://www.GoadTeam.com
The real property transfer tax rate for Las Vegas (Clark County) is $5.10 per every $1,000 of the sale price. Compare this to Reno (Washoe County) where the real property transfer tax rate is $4.10 per $1,000. Move to Reno. ;)