Home Buying in Raleigh>Question Details

Sasha Dsalkf…, Renter in Holly Springs, NC

WHAT AREA IS GOOD TO PURCHASE A HOME THAT IS NOT TOO EXPENSIVE YET HAS GREAT NEIGHBORHOODS??

Asked by Sasha Dsalkfja;, Holly Springs, NC Fri Nov 8, 2013

Answers

12
Hi Siobhan:

There are many great affordable areas in or near Raleigh depending upon the area that best fits your needs. Because traffic isn't too large of a problem in Raleigh in comparison in some of our neighboring larger cities, living right near you place of work isn't as important for commuting purposes. You can have the luxury of enjoying where you chose to live versus having to settle with something near your job. I am a real estate veteran with over 12 years of experience. If I can be of assistance to you, please drop me a note or give me a call.

Lannie Hall
lannie@lanniehall.net
919-926-7978
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013
Sasha
If you let me know your price point and requirements I can sent you current listings that meet your criteria. There are great neighborhoods all over Raleigh, Wake Forest, Franklin County, it depends on your budget and personal preferences such as being close to 540, 40 etc.
There are areas such as Riverwood subdivision in Clayton, and areas in Garner that offer great neighborhoods, access to great schools and not far from Raleigh. I would love the opportunity to speak with you and get you pre-approved to see what you can afford.
Definitely Heritage Wake Forest, hands down. Here is the current selection of active listings: http://gormanc.hpwsearch.com/search/results/HeritageWF

Homes are reasonably priced, and with the parks, walking trails and amenities the sense of community is more than abundant. Would love to make you my new neighbor!

Chris Gorman, REALTOR, (919) 645-7212, GormanC@hpw.com

Have you gotten pre-approved? That is the strongest indicator of what you can afford. If you are in Holly Springs, as indicated on your profile, you may want to check Braxton Village or Bridgewater. If there is a particular neighborhood you are looking for ask your Realtor. If you don't have a Realtor, please give me a call or send me an email. I can help.
Fist of all you should know your price range . Then it's easy for any broker to find out a right property for you. You can ask the agent to run the property history , market trend in that particular area.specially appreciation and how fast are they selling . You are buying for a future investment so need to find out find out what market is doing and how the prices are raising in your particular price range. Call me if you need to find out a right property for you. I have been helping buyer's and sellers for the past 30 + years in Real Estate business !

You can reach me at 919-481-9700 ERA pace setters Realty , Cary NC 27511
You might want to look at Garner. If you need help e-mail me at pminore@fmrealty.com.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
Sasha, great question and actually a little tricky to answer. It would help a lot if I knew what price range you are in but generally the further you get away from RTP & RDU, the less expensive things get. That's not to say you won't find expensive neighborhoods popping up out on the east side, especially with 540 now open out to Knightdale. If I were looking now, I may be focusing on areas like NE and east Raleigh, Knightdale, Wendell. I have lived in this area since 1993 and it's amazing how much it's grown but because of 25-40 minute commute to RTP, has stayed what I would call affordable. Fuquay Varina is booming as well but you just have to be aware of the possible routes for the continuation of 540.
May I suggest to you that you try searching for homes on my website at http://www.RaleighHomeSite.com. I recently added a new home search engine found right on the main page which is pretty similar to here on Trulia but has two advantages. It is tied via IDX directly to the local MLS which means you will only see active homes, plus it has a more robust system of letting you view the demographics of an area once you find a home that interests you. This may help you narrow down a neighborhood search.
If there is anything I can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to contact me personally

Good luck with your search,

Ernie
Northside Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
In general, Cary, North Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Apex are the most sought-after destinations with the highest average home values - which means that homes are more expensive there, but also worth more. In general, cities like Fuquay-Varina, Clayton, Knightdale, and Durham can offer some of the best values in the Triangle. There are great neighborhoods in each of these areas - your real estate agent will ask you questions about where you plan to work, what your interests are, and what your budget is to help you determine the best fit for you and your family.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
If you are looking in the Holly Springs area- Holly Glen is a great neighborhood. It is close to everything. Has a great community pool and playground. I would be happy to show you around the area if you would like. Cheree Brown Keller Williams Realty-Cary 919-586-4951 or you can search my website at http://www.homeswakecounty.com
I look forward to helping you.
Which city are you looking for? The Lockwood/Rollingwood subdivision in Raleigh is a great value right now. It wont be long before the prices in that neighborhood go up. Lots of schools and very convenient to the beltline and WakeMed, just outside of downtown.