Home Buying in Waldorf>Question Details

ejvieth2, Home Buyer in Upper Marlboro, MD

WENT TO SEE A HOME IN WALDORF, ST CHARLES, TENANT SAYS I CAN'T SEE IT TILL END OF MARCH, IT'S ADVERTISED AS TENANT VERY COOPERATIVE, NOT,

Asked by ejvieth2, Upper Marlboro, MD Mon Mar 11, 2013

DOES THIS ME MEAN I HAVE TO WAIT, HOW CAN THIS HOUSE BE SOLD IF TENANT WON'T LET PEOPLE IN TO SEE IT

Answers

6
If you have the owners information try to contact them directly, they may not even be aware of the situation. Tenants have rights as well, they may need more notice in order to show the property. Call a licensed realtor to assist you in getting access to the property. The current situation can change and the tenant may also be preparing to pack up and leave. It is best to stay calm and have patience.
I would talk to your agent and have them let the listing agent know about this. There is probably a section in their lease that states that the tenant must be cooperative with showings as long as there is proper notice given.
Hello Ejvieth2,

This may be an appointment only showing. If you have representation. they schedule an appointment
This could be a preview of a coming attraction! Banks are doing it all the time now. Selling short sales and foreclosures with the tenant still there. Be careful! Above all just make sure you are going with an agent to view this property. If there is anymore reluctance to show by the tenant, find another house. Best of luck my friend.
Are you working through an Agent? Typically they would go through the channels and contact the tenants to schedule a showing
my agent was told this by the agent selling the house, it was advertised as tenant living there is cooperative, but said not till end of month
Flag Mon Mar 11, 2013
Check back with your agent and have them check with the owner. They were aware that there would be some issues since they put it in the listing. This tenant is trying to keep their place to live by refusing to let people in. Normally the landlord has a clause that allows them to show the home, they may to get more involved. You should not have gone to see this house without your agent making an appointment with their agent unless you have no agent and this is a For Sale By Owner.