Redliana, Home Buyer in Tri Cities, WA

WA state home inspection question

Asked by Redliana, Tri Cities, WA Mon Apr 25, 2011

Does anyone know how many days a seller has to respond to a home inspection notice from the buyer in Washington state? After receiving the home inspection report my realtor and I crafted a detailed list of repairs I'd like to have the seller conduct. It has been several days, and I've heard nothing.

Answers

11
I need to learn more about state inspections. I'm going to be moving into a new home that I am building. I want to make sure it is inspected and everything is up to code. http://affordableautoservicecenter.com
Redliana,
Did you hear back from the seller? I'm interested to know how long it took. I've actually been asked to re-inspect a home after repairs and it was nearly a week after my initial inspection. Best of luck!
One very real possibility is that this is a bank owned or new construction property and that the "normal" rules regarding home inspection don't apply.
We would need to see your contract in order to answer this question accurately. If you have an inspection addendum attached to your contract it should specify the # of days allowed for the seller to respond.
As everyone mentioned below, the answer will be found in your contract on the Inspection Addendum. Yes the default period is 3 days unless when the ocntract was written there was a different number put in. This should have been discussed when you were writing up the terms of the contract so that you could have the opportunity to agree to the time period. I would consult my contract and get in touch with my agent ASAP if it has been several days.
There are no state rules as far as I know. Everything is in the contract. If your agent did not use a form that specifies response time, then you will want to consult with a real estate attorney.
I agree with Marchell, there are so many variables, you really need to get answer from your agent. Good luck!
You need to ask your REALTOR. If the Inspection Addendum was used in your offer, then check Paragraph 1.c.(i). There is a blank in that form for the number of days the Seller has to respond. If the blank is left open, the default is 3 days after receipt of Buyer's request for repairs or modifications. I can't stress enough the need for you to consult with your REALTOR--that's where your answer really lies. So the correct answer to your question is..."It depends."
Be sure to check your time periods on Form 35. Default time period for response is 3 days but can be modified in your contract, after this you normally have 3 days to respond to their response or in this case "inaction" Be careful to follow these time periods, if you don't respond and they never do it is possible to waive the contingency by no response.
Did you actually put it on a form requiring a response? Counter offer or Request for Repairs? If not, you probably need to do so. Has your agent called their agent? What does the agent say sellers' response is?
You need to read your contract--presumably Form 35.