Sal & Ma…, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

Visited highlands ranch for 1 day. Looking for family oriented area where people are friendly kids play etc. We are use to large & diverse burbs.

Asked by Sal & Marisa, Orlando, FL Sat Oct 5, 2013

Is their diversity in Highlands Ranch?

Answers

11
We would love to see you land in Highlands Ranch. We moved there in 1989 and think it is the best place to raise a family in all of Colorado. It was founded in 1981 and is a young community on 22,000 acres with a population of about 95,000. Approximately 60% of H.R. is always going to be permanent open space, greenbelt areas with about 50 miles of interconnected biking/ hiking trails. There are 4 major recreation centers there, all first class pools (indoor & outdoor), tennis courts, weight rooms, aerobics, gyms, climbing wall!, racquetball courts and every imaginable class to take. Everyone that lives in H.R. is an automatic member so the cost is very low ($45 / mo.). I think you should bring your workout equipment but you will find yourself going to the gyms there.

There are gorgeous mountain views but they come with a premium. More than 35% of the streets are private cul-de-sacs. Everything you will need is in H.R. - movies, restaurants, libraries, parks and Douglas County schools are all rated very good to excellent.

Gary & Kathy Weimer
RE/MAX Professionals
kathy@weimerteam.com
303-349-3601

Gary & Kathy Weimer
RE/MAX Professionals
kathy@weimerteam.com
303-349-3601
One thing that doesn't get mentioned enough is the quality of the schools. There are no teacher unions and they offer lots of choice.
I will be willing to help you contact me through my truilia Profile
Sal and Marisa,

I have friends and clients who live in Highlands Ranch. It is a highly acclaimed and popular area in the souther suburbs of Denver. It is a large suburb, but not known particularly for its diversity. There are many communities in Denver known for diversity such as Park Hill. The north and east suburbs such as Stapleton and Green Valley Ranch are large burbs that are known for being friendly and diverse. Let me know if you would like more info on these areas.

Robert McGuire ASR
Broker/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
I would have to say that Highlands Ranch is not very culturally diverse. You would find more diversity in Denver proper and some of the closer in suburbs.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Highlands Ranch is a great place to raise a family. With the four recreation centers, bike and walking trails many right by your home. We also have a large amount of soccer, baseball, football, and tennis court, with many leagues for family members of all ages to join.

I have two children and we could not be happier. Call me to set up an appointment.

Charles Burroughs
CJ Burroughs Real Estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Our nephew and his family of 4 children, plus his wife's parents have lived in Highlands Ranch for the past 12 years. They have been very happy there. The schools are very good, the community services excellent. The area offers something for all ages. Additionally the proximity has excellent access to Downtown Denver, which also has a wide array of activities for all ages. There are light rail stops on both the east and west sides of the north end of Highlands Ranch, for a quick & easy commutes into Denver. I would highly recommend it.
Diana Price
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Hi Sal & Marisa: We're so glad you were able to visit Highlands Ranch, it really is a beautiful community. If you haven't read about the history of this great area you can do so at this link http://www.sampronsisters.com/highlands-ranch-co.asp. My sister Kathy has lived in Highlands Ranch since 1998 and loves the friendly, family vibe. There is always so much to do, especially as the holidays approach. If you haven't discovered http://www.hrcaonline.org I would suggest you go there and check out the calendar and see all of the events that are coming. Also, if you weren't aware of this, there are four recreation centers in Highlands Ranch that are available to residents as a part of your yearly HOA dues to the Highlands Ranch Community Association. Here is more information about those http://hrcaonline.org/HRCAInfo/RecreationCenters.aspx. Take care, Carrie
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Hi Sal & Ma,

All of Highlands Ranch is family oriented an kid friendly. I would say the area is not as diverse as what you are used to in Orlando, but it is a great area for raising kids. As a mom, I currently have kids in the school system, and love the schools we are in..

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Margie Teufel
Keller Williams
303-548-5255
mteufel@kw.com
highpinesrealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Good morning.

I have lived in Highlands Ranch for the past 12 years. My sons have grown up there and now getting ready to graduate this year and next from Highlands Ranch High School.

I would recommend visiting http://www.highlandsranch.org for complete statistics.

There are many great areas throughout the Denver Metro area. If you would like to discuss it in more detail, feel free to give me a call directly.

I would love to help you in your search.

Brian Smith
Meridian Home Finders
(720) 490-1687
BrianSmith@TheMeridianTeam.con
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Highlands Ranch has everything you may want for living in an active community. 4 rec centers, tennis courts, 8 swimming pools, fitness, dance, camp, teens night. It is the largest subdivision in the Denver metro area. I have lived here since 1999 and put 3 kids through the schools. I am very happy with the education and the lifestyle.
Flag Sat Oct 5, 2013