Home Buying in Ypsilanti>Question Details

Jackie, Other/Just Looking in 48197

Unpaid mortgage

Asked by Jackie, 48197 Tue Jun 25, 2013

If a parent dies and the house is lived in by the children who are unable to continue to make the payments, are they able to sell it for what it's worth? Can they short sale it or does it have to go back to the bank?

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Jackie,

First of all, how is the child acquiring title? Did the parent leave a Will or a Trust? Does the property need to go through the probate court? There are many issues before you that should be addressed by an attorney. He/she can best advise you.

Good luck,

Barbara Grandolfo
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 25, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer