Home Buying in 53115>Question Details

Katherine Re…, Home Buyer in Delavan, WI

Unable to live in house for 4 months because of defects "missed" by inspector (shouldn't have been). It was short sale house 2 yrs,

Asked by Katherine Reynolds, Delavan, WI Mon Apr 11, 2011

agent pushed sale Agent covered up, lied for seller (who lied on 7 items on disclosure). I have pages of pictures, itemized everything, complained to Broker/Mgr who "begged" me not to do anything (complain to anyone) until they got back to me. That was 6 weeks ago. Have now complained to BBB and State regulatory. How can I submit claim to inspector's insurance and if he doesn't have any, is RE agency responsible? He was only name I was given. Agent also lied about previous value of house by $30K (I found out afterwards), covered up severe cigarette smoke problem, among many things my agent told me, threatened, etc. I had no place to live, so felt there was no choice but to proceed. Unable to find standards for unethical practices. I am disabled, 68 & unable to find work. I now am borrowing money for food after $45k needed to repair. Lawyers want $300/hr. My perfect credit rating will be gone shortly. Any help appreciated.

Help the community by answering this question:


my prayers to you. I have had a bad inspector also he missed fire damage in my house in Harvard. Illinois. I later lost the home. the mortgage was too high and my gosh the property taxes out of this world. I had a bad agent like you had. pretty mad about it now. I did nothing i was tied down with 3 little kids on my own like you. Now I live in a bad neighborhood in Rockford Illinois as a result. and i am stuck her for years. with shooting and home invasions, bad kids and parents etc. but i will not rant. my advice is to take it to court if you have the money. These wicked people need be stopped. they are making money and are responsible for many home transactions. they must be stopped, or held responsible for their judgement. Try praire state legal services they help low income people with legal issues. It is so sad people who do not have the money to get help. Again wicked people winning again. I pray God's judgement comes upon the wicked who put me in the town i am in because of my ill representation, divorce and bad judgment. Now i am stuck in this wicked city, not much money still supporting 3 kids no child support. God's judgement will come upon these evil people who put me here.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
Unfortunately inspectors tend to be insulated from lawsuits regarding errors they have made, so it's difficult to force claims against an inspector and/or their insurance.

If you have concrete proof that the agent knew of the defects but conspired with the seller to hide those defects, you might have an claim against the agent's insurance. All real estate agents carry 'errors and omissions' insurance.

If you have proof that the homeowner failed to disclose known defects and you signed an arbitration agreement, you could take your case to arbitration. You would not need an attorney and the fee for filing arbitration should be less than $500.00. If you AND the buyer didn't sign arbitration, then you would have to go the court route.

Follow the link below for Milwaukee Legal Aide.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 11, 2011
Consult with an attorney as he/she can best advise; if you cannot afford one contact your local Legal Aid Society for a pro-bono attorney--free.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 11, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer