Home Buying in Phoenix>Question Details

Monique S., Home Buyer in Phoenix, AZ

USDA lender/broker on Arizona?

Asked by Monique S., Phoenix, AZ Tue Aug 20, 2013

My middle score is 629, I need a good lender, me and my husband need to buy ASAP...any suggestions of lenders that will consider usda financing with a 629 and/or a manual review?.....

Answers

9
Jeff Masich’s answer
Dear Monique:

Try Primary Residential Mortgage for the manual review. Ask for Ben Andrus. See: http://www.arizonahomesland.com/arizonamortgageloans.html

Call if I can help you further.

Jeff Masich, Realtor, GRI, MBA
HomeSmart
JeffMasich@ArizonaHomesLand.com
480-556-0940
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 20, 2013
Hello Monique.

Some buyers want to immediately start looking for a home without knowing the exact amount of a new mortgage they can qualify for and end up getting disappointed when they finally do get around to talking to a lender. By doing this up-front, you can set realistic expectations and eliminate homes that are outside of your price range and focus only on the homes that you can afford. This saves a TON of time and ENERGY.

I recently closed a purchase where I represented the buyer on a great home in Florence. She used a USDA loan (which of course is 100% financing = NO down payment). It's important to note: the USDA loan is a 'rural' loan and is primarily only accepted in PINAL county which includes San Tan Valley, Queen Creek, Florence, Coolidge and the city of Maricopa.

The lender that my client used was excellent and I would highly recommend her. Here's her contact info:

Kari Zurn | Licensed Mortgage Professional
Homeowner's Financial Group
55 N. Arizona Place, Suite 204 * Chandler, AZ 85225
Direct: (480) 305-8713 * Mobile: (602) 741-8414 * Fax: (480) 800-6537
Email: kari@homeownersfg.com

Kari is up to date on the USDA program and is very personable and professional.

Please give her a quick call or send her an email and she'll do what she can to get you pre-qualified.

Whatever lender you choose, I would ask him/her to check the latest USDA map to ensure that ALL of the city Maricopa and San Tan Valley are still included in the USDA program. There has been talk of the program boundaries being 're-written' over the past few months; also have him/her check the availability of funds. I know they get depleted from time to time and it takes weeks or sometimes months for them to replenish the fund.

If for some reason you cannot utilize a USDA loan, there is a fantastic grant program for Pinal County that will grant you up to 3% of the purchase price to use toward an FHA (OR VA) loan down payment OR your closing costs. It's a grant and does NOT need to be repaid. I can send you information about this program if you like; there are income/credit and debt-ratio limits that must be adhered to, but the program is open to buyers who purchase ANY type of home (bank-owned/REO, short-sale, HUD or REGULAR sale).

Keep in mind...there is NO fee to use the services of a 'buyers agent' to assist you in finding a home. That fee (commission) is paid by the SELLER, not YOU, the BUYER. The typical costs that you'll incur are things such as: loan fees that your lender charges to process your loan, title-escrow fees at closing, inspection fees, HOA fees, etc.

Once you're pre-qualified for a new mortgage, give me a call or send me an email and I'll send you a list of homes that match your qualifications. I'd love to assist you in finding a fantastic home for you and your family!

Thanks for the question!

Jim Mitchell
Realty ONE Group
Jim@TheAZRealtor.com
PH: 480.231.6769
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 20, 2013
Also, I forgot to mention that we MIGHT be able to get you into a home with little to no money down!
Monique, I work with a great team, which includes a great lender, who can USUALLY get your credit up, so you would be ready to buy, in JUST 30 DAYS!

I would love to get you started into looking at homes and get you setup with my lender, so we can get the ball on the road!

Please give me a call at 480-275-9566 and we will get started!

PS. I look forward to working with you soon!
I am a senior mortgage banker with Pinnacle Capital Mortgage Corporation. I personally have completed several USDA loans in the last 6 months. Call me and let's get you that new home you want. Korene@cox.net or 623-340-0934.
Monique,

Call Emilio Cosculluela from Waterstone Mortgage. He does USDA and other loan products. He has come through for me on some tight situations.

Emilio.Cosculluela@waterstonemortgage.com
602.702.9322

Call me if you have anymore questions.

Mary Ann Wong
Realtor, SFR, ABR
Prudential Arizona Properties
602.810.3485

Maryann.wong@pruaz.com
We have a couple of good lenders that do USDA and then one that does 100% financing that is good for all of Maricopa county.

Options are good!

Monique, we have been a lender almost 40 years and can handle this option for you , feel free to contact me anytime , I fund USDA transactions every month . We also have an in house credit team that can help get that up for better pricing too!

City North/ Desert Ridge Location
Timothy Potempa
Sr. Loan Officer
Office/Cell: 623.570.0781
Fax: 602.464.7396
NMLS:454708
timothy.potempa@novahomeloans.com

5450 E. High Street Suite 260
Phoenix, AZ 85054
Hey Monique, I have several lenders who could review to see if they can assist. Please contact me to discuss.

Matthew Potter
Stunning Homes Realty
P) 480-343-7894
Matthew@stunninghomesrealty.com