Home Buying in Hialeah>Question Details

Owner, Home Buyer in Hialeah, FL

Trying to sell a home where two family memebers own,but one passed away? what to do & how much would it be?

Asked by Owner, Hialeah, FL Wed Sep 5, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


I would recommend getting your Realtor to help you. As a Realtor, we work closely with the Title Companies. They can guide you as to what documentation you have to provide for the deceased owner. Depending on how the property was recorded you may have to get a Probate Attorney involved. Meanwhile, if you are trying to sell, your Realtor can help and guide you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 5, 2012

You will need a Realtor who knows how to handle Estate Properties to guide you through the process...

If you like you may contact me for additional information as I have sold several Estate properties in the Hialeah area and can help you with this delicate situation.

Hope to hear from you,

Stephanie Leon
Web Reference: http://www.SLeonRealtor.com
2 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 5, 2012
Good morning.

There is good news, properties in Hialeah are selling quickly and prices are increasing. In fact, I was looking at a property with a client last night in the area.

Realtors are generally paid by commission, which varies by agency. I'd love come to take a look and discuss a smart price for the home. Strategically pricing is important... too low and you'll have tons of offers to look through - too high and no one will make an offer. Price it just right, and you'll maximize your return.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 6, 2012
What type of relationship existed between the two family members?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 6, 2012
Daughter and father relationship.
Flag Thu Sep 6, 2012
You've not given enough information for anyone to really give you a detailed answer. Depending on the relationship between the two owners of the property and how the Deed was prepared it may be simple and straightforward where the surviving owner simply lists the home for sale or it may be necessary for the property to clear probate before it could be listed. I would speak to the executor for the estate or a local real estate attorney where the property is owned.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 6, 2012
If you need someone to talk to, I cover hialeah. Here's one of my listings in hialeah:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 5, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer