Home Buying in Grand Rapids>Question Details

Brittany Fro…, Home Owner in Grand Rapids, MI

Trying to find a Land Contract in the Area of N. GR, Grandville, Walker, Hudsonville. Please help, I have been researching for weeks and nothing yet.

Asked by Brittany Froehlke, Grand Rapids, MI Tue May 3, 2011

We own a Mobile Home and need to sell that as a nice $6,000 down payment. But Don't think that will be a problem. Just trying to find a nice 3 bed LAND CONTRACT that does not need a ton of work Hopefully under $100,000. Please help. I am getting nowhere and want to move quickly. Thank You

Answers

8
Many sellers have a mortgage on their property and are prohibited from offering land contract terms. This is likely the reason land contract is so difficult to find. In addition, land contracts can represent an additional amount of risk to a seller and many sellers use a real estate agent to help them through the process. Therefore, you will need to have enough down payment funds to compensate the seller and cover commissions and closing costs.

You may have more luck in a lease with a purchase option. This is gaining in popularity and will greatly increase the options available to you. Many sellers are open to renting their home to you and applying a portion of the monthly rent to a future purchase. You will want to negotiate the terms of the lease as well as the purchase contract option up front. Again, this is something that a real estate agent can help with and the commissions and closing costs are far less than a land contract.

Good luck to you. It's a competitive market for land contracts and lease to purchase so act fast when you find a good one!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 6, 2011
We are now tryng to find a realtor that can help us sell our mobile home (very nice) but it is in a park (very bad), and help us get into a Land Contract or Lease to buy option. Someone please help us! we want out of this place so bad. It needs to be at least a 3 bed and under $100,000. We are looking in the area's of Walker, Grandville, Hudsonville. NOTHING IN SE OR SW GR PLEASE! If somebody experienced in this type of issue, please contact me ASAP. We really wanted to move, like yesterday. HR311@yahoo.com
Thank You so Much,
Harry & Brittany
I've been helping a few different couples look for land contracts in the Grand Rapids area lately. The options are pretty slim, but I've found a few that might fit what you are looking for. If you would like, I can set up a search for you that will show you all of the properties that fit your criteria and are offering land contract terms. Email me or call me if you want to start searching.
Web Reference: http://brek.kwrealty.com
Ive found several land contracts for folks this year.
Feel free to contact me at fsbo@grar.com.
Web Reference: http://mygrfsbo.com/
Look on Trulia where it says "Find A Pro" at the top of the page, you should find some agents there that can help you.

Thank you Dave but we are NOT willing to live on the SW or SE side of town. Thank you, we do appreciate your reply though. Have a good night.
Brittany:

Good Evening!! You need to get in contact with a buyers agent in the area you are looking to live. They have access to the MLS which has 1000's of homes. The information is up to date and would make your home buying experience alot easier.

Good Luck

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com
Please contact Dave VDovick for for information on land contract houses @ 616-866-5974. He is currently has a house in Grand Rapids on Merritt Street that is a land contract. Thanks, have a good evening!
Web Reference: http://www.vdovickgroup.com