Home Buying in Westfield>Question Details

Sonia, Home Buyer in Cranford, NJ

Traffic noise on Central Avenue in Westfield, NJ

Asked by Sonia, Cranford, NJ Fri Aug 28, 2009

Hi, Is anyone living or have lived in recent past on Central Avenue in Westfield, NJ? Is the street very noisy, busy with car traffic always? Traffic Noise levels generally? Thanks.

Answers

2
Sonia,

I represented a home on Central Ave last year and I know that this concern was raised
by some prospective Buyers. There are many factors to consider -- how far is the
home set back from the street? Are there double-pane windows on the home?
How can landscaping be used to soften the noise (shrubs, etc.) Also, what is the
backyard like -- can it be used (rather than the front yard) for entertaining and relaxing?
In the backyard, you may not hear any street sounds. A small fence (per town limits)
may help to buffer you from the street -- a number of homes on Central have short fences,
as well as shrubs out front.

I know this section of Westfield well, having lived there for 25 years -- please let me know if I can be of assistance to you in your home search.

Marilyn Holda-Fleck
Prudential NJ Properties - Westfield
Marilyn.Holda-Fleck@PrudentialNewJersey.com
Sonia,

I live on a main road in Westfield and it does not bother me one bit. I came from a busy road so it was an easy adjustment. If you currently live on a quiet street, then it will be a big adjustment. The windows in the home will make a big difference in sound transmission from the road. Hopefully the house has decent windows. Have you gone into the home yet and listened to the road noise? Are you looking for a realtor? I would be glad to assist!

Lorena Barbosa
Broker/Sales Associate
Weichert, Realtors - Westfield
http://www.BuyandSellwithLorena.com
lbarbosa@weichertrealtors.net
201-638-6528 cell