sandeepdaggu…, Home Buyer in 21043

Town homes and single family homes in same community

Asked by sandeepdaggupati, 21043 Wed May 9, 2012

We are buying a single family home in a community which also has town homes. My question is would the value of the single family home any way get effected because of the presence of the town homes in the same community?

Answers

3

No, this is a very common practice in some of the most popular neighborhoods. There would never be a case where the two would be valued together as they are completely different products.
The 21043 zip code is destricted to very good schools, with Centennial ranked highest. Both townhomes and single family homes are priced higher because of the school system. You need to know which neighborhood is districted to which school. When appraisals are done, town homes are analyzed separately from single family homes. A good example is the Wheatfield neighborhood. There are town homes and single family homes. Town home presence does not drive prices down for single family homes. I live in the Brampton Hills neighborhood so I am extremely qualified to help with your purchase. If you do not have a written contract with another realtor, please give me a call today. Our Spring Market is on fire!!!
I know this 21043 zipcode very well. I live here and sell all kind of properties here. You would be safe in most of the area!! Pay attention to the area and look at schools. 3 High Schools that are all over ranking wise!! So, be in the right place.

Everywhere else, I would say yes.

Mostly because town houses are often being used as rental property by the owners, and when it comes to rental, their is no limit either way. (+/-).

If there are more town houses then SFR, then it's worse.

If there are town houses with condo association, then it is the worse. A lot of condo associations are delinquent and because of that, it's hard to find lender to purchase such town houses. So, prices go down a lot quicker and pushes the market down. ( Discuss with a Realtor to under stand this in detail.

Now, with all the above possibilities, you should look at the possibilities closely and figure out what is best. Hard to say if any of the above issues will come up, that's why discuss with a Real-estate professional about all the possibilities.

I am sure, others will have different opinion.
Thanks for both of your suggestions. FYI, The community that we are looking at is Rockland at Rogers near route 40 and route 29 junction.
Flag Thu May 10, 2012