Home Buying in Tomball>Question Details

Findlin3, Home Buyer in Tomball, TX

Tomball Realtor & Mortgage Broker vs. Bank vs. Web (Lending Tree, etc)

Asked by Findlin3, Tomball, TX Wed Dec 2, 2009

As I previously mentioned in my last question, I am looking to move to the Tomball area this spring. Now it appears as if I am going to want to start the process Mid-January. Who are some good Real Estate Agents in the Tomball Area that would specialize in what I'm looking for? (reference the previous question i posted) Also what is the best plan for obtaining a mortgage Mortgage Broker vs. Bank vs. Web (Lending Tree, etc)?

Answers

7
Findlin3,

I would suggest talking to both a Bank and Mortgage Banker to see which route you prefer. If you talk to a Bank you will only get their rates. If you talk to a Mortgage Banker, you will get all the rates from many more lenders as a Banker has access to the wholesale pricing at all the major banks (generally speaking).

Additionally, I think that you'll get better customer service from a Mortgage Banker as they are paid only when their loans Closer versus a Loan Officer at a Bank that is probably on a combination of Salary plus Bonus (translation: Mortgage Bankers are incentived more to give great customer service!).

Personally, I always make myself available 7 days a week for my clients. I'm not so sure most Loan Officers at a large Bank will give you the same courtesy.

Best of luck in your search.

Scott R. Butcher
Mortgage Banker, NMLS 313531
Maker Capital Group, LLC, an Ameripro Funding Co.
512-796-7738
scott@makercapitalaustin.com
Hi Findlin3,

This is a terrific time to buy. The interest rates are at an all time low and there are alot of homes on the market at this time. Since this is a buyer's market you should get in on that opportunity.

I have worked with a Lending Tree client before, but there are so many good mortgage brokers out there. You have been told previously they are just out there selling your info. to other companies. Contact me and I will give you a list of lenders that have very good turn arounds. One of the problem with Lending Tree is that calls are not being returned if they run into a problem. Communication is not good.

Give me a call and I will explain the lending process along with giving you a list of Lenders. FHA which is what you should qualify for is 3.5 % for the down payment and you should be able to get the Seller to pay some or all of closing cost. Looking forward to hearing from you and working for you.

Happy New Year!

Herma Young/Realtor
Bryce Daniel Properties
832-368-3763
hermayn47@aol.com
herma1realtor@aol.com
Many friends worked with Kathy Kreskai with SWBC Mtg with good results.
Good luck with your move.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Nora "Susan" Hughes
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 4, 2009
Hi Findlin3,

I agree with Tom, ask a family member, or a good friend or even a co-worker for referrals. Be sure to ask them what they liked best about the loan officer and what the process was like. Also, if you happen to connect with a good realtor, before you connect with a loan officer, that realtor should be able to refer you to a loan officer that he or she has worked with in the past.

Best wishes,
Elva
Hi Findin3,
I would love to help you!!! Our Office is right on Louetta. I am a veteran Realtor who lives in the area. Let's get together and find you a winner! Regarding the mortgage: Get on the web and start comparing when shopping for lenders. You have a nice downpayment and are very prepared, so use that leverage to find the best deal for your circumstances. Let's touch base and find out what you want in a home, and get going!
Hi there,
I know the best Broker in town, ME! I have lots of great testimonials on here, just take a look.

As far as obtaining your loan, we all have folks that we have worked with over the years that we can recommend to you. Shop around. Opinions are like noses, everyone has one. Mortgage Brokers wholesale rates and I have seen that most of the time, the fees that they charge you aren't as high as what a bank would charge you. Hope this was helpful! Please let me know if I can help you in any way.

Amber Carrillo, Broker
It Homes
832*643*5632
ambersells@sbcglobal.net
Stay away from lending tree. They just sell your info to 3 or 4 brokers.
Where to do your loan?Typically a Mortgage Banker(not a broker) will offer the smoothest transaction.
Ask a family member, friend, ect to refer you to an honest loan officer they used.