BuyingTips, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Toll Brothers homes in Plano

Asked by BuyingTips, Dallas, TX Sat Feb 9, 2013

Toll Brothers will start building new homes at Haggard Estates in summer. The location is in the center of Plano. What is your option on Toll Brothers homes with a price tag of $425,000 (2300 sq.ft) Vs Standard Pacific homes in Murphy with a price tag of $355,000 (3200 sq.ft)?

I may live in my new home for some 15 years, so save that money in property tax (Plano Tax: 2.1%) and buy a $425,000 home in Plano Vs a $355,000 with a higher tax (2.53%) for the next 15 years?

Answers

10
The Maxwell Creek neighborhood in Murphy will be Wylie ISD and the Haggard Estates will be Plano ISD. I know that was one of your first questions - how do the school districts compare.

As you stated above, you will get more house for your money in Murphy (3200sf vs 2300sf). You will also find that a new construction home in Murphy will blend well with other homes in the area....as many of the nearby neighborhoods were built in recent years. However, in Plano you will find that homes surrounding the Haggard Estates neighborhood are older (built anywhere from 1970s-1990s) and your specific neighborhood will be the only "new" homes in the area.

Both builders have quality products. Both school districts are desirable (for different reasons). Both locations are great (easy access to highways, parks, schools, shopping, dining).

At the end of the day, the decision should be based on the best location and value for your family. My suggestion for someone buying new construction in this price point, is to make sure that you have someone on your side that is looking out for your best interests. Make sure you hire a Realtor to represent you and that will negotiate not only pricing, but also ensure that you have information about home inspections and more. This is a big investment - and you should protect it by having a professional assist you.

If you are not already working with another Realtor, pleaes feel freel to call/text/email me anytime. I would be happy to assist you and your family in finding the perfect new home.

Melissa

Melissa Hailey - North Texas Top Team, Realtors
Coldwell Banker Jane Henry Realtors
214-418-0180
Melissa.Hailey@ColdwellBanker.com

http://www.linkedin.com/in/melissahaileyrealtor
http://twitter.com/melissahailey
http://activerain.com/blogs/mlshailey
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 9, 2013
I would think you would need to to look at how close you would like to live to 75 or other freeways. Accessability. Since you will be living there, you will get a write off on your taxes. So it would be a little more monthly until you receive your returns.

If you have children, you might need to look at the schools they would be attending and their ratings. Then start matching what one builder does over the other. Puts behind their walls and how they seal their windows, how much insulation they put in their walls and ceiling, do they use radiant barrier, that would influence or impact the monthly utilities. That could help make up the difference itself! I have also worked for new home builders for 4 1/2 years experience.

Hope this helps.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 9, 2013
I think most of us REALTORS prefer to speak with you and learn more about your real estate needs before we can really compare and contrast the builders you asked about. There is much more to buying a home than just comparing builders. We also notice that you are quite active on Trulia seeking answers from agents; I would suggest now is the time to select an agent and work with them.

I would say that most of us have the time to assist, so contact any of us to see which one would work best for your situation.

I wish you the best!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 9, 2013
You have got an opportunity to show the Trulia readers whether they can choose you based on your knowledge and openness. If you are going to advise the readers to go private to discuss, there is something wrong with such realtors. They are not useful in real life except to take commission and leave. Can you prove you are not such one?
Flag Sat Feb 9, 2013
Buying Tips

Buying a home is perhaps is your biggest investment
Buying for the best price make you winner

if you decide to sell your not many look for Toll Brother brand

They look for LAYOUT AND UPGRADE
select best LAYOUT

need Help
Contact met at

John Hamidi
3600 preston Rd ste 100
Plano TX 75093
http://www.johnhamidi.kwrealty.com
Email: johnhamidi@gmail.com
Bus: 469-252-4661
Vpallathu,

I agree, this is the wrong forum for that type of questions, I recommend contacting the city, contacting power companies and also doing some independent research.
What is this forum for then?
Flag Thu Feb 14, 2013
Hands down Toll Brothers.....

Don't overthink this.

Buying a home for your family should be about 10% analytical and about 90% emotional.

For example you haven't considered gas prices in your purchase, or energy efficiency or appreciation rates, or happiness values, or quality family time.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Personal preference . Recommend place all particulars on excel spreadsheet compare "apples to apples" . You also need consider price of gas. Is Plano closer to professional and personal obligations than Murphy?

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Vpallathu,

It all boils down to what is important to you and your family, where do you need to commute to work, what school or school district that you prefer, how much you are willing to pay for taxes etc. You'll get more bang for your bucks in Murphy but you also have to remember that Plano is pretty much built out so the land itself is more expensive.

I would suggest that you work with a realtor. If you are not currently working with one then I'd be happy to assist you. Feel free to call me.

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Its Location , Location Location

Standard Pacific Builds home for 250000 in Frisco

lets sit and talk

what your needs are and where you and your family are going to work

Plano has prime locations but over price too

Call me At 214-334-4442

by the way we pat back 1% of our commission to the buyer to help them
Never try to bargain on prices when choosing a home for your family. Remember this home will be an investment and you may want to get the best value in return. The difference in Plano and Murphy property taxes will not be noticeable in your month payments.

Vpallathu, sit back and think about what is important to you and your family, location and price. As you stated, you are planning on living in your home for the next 15 years. If you build a home based on price and not quality, you will definitely regret in the end. Vpallathu, Good Luck with your home search!
Web Reference: http://teneshalusk.c21jf.us
Don't you ask your client about their budget first? If not, you are making a mistake.
Flag Sat Feb 9, 2013