Home Buying in Yuma>Question Details

Nellie Acker…, Home Buyer in Yuma, AZ

To figure out if I am in the 10-day inspection period do you count weekdays only or sat and sun too?

Asked by Nellie Ackerman, Yuma, AZ Sun Sep 14, 2008

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Yuma

Answers

3
Lisa027’s answer
Lisa from NJ-

Id like a NJ realtor to let me help me with something.
If I put an offer in on a home on Nov. 25th, and my Inspection was on Dec 3. Can I back out of the contract with getting all my monies and no problem from the realtor or penalties. The house came back that it was structurally unsound, and the seller will not fix anything. I want OUT. Can I get OUT??>>?????????
Nellie - it would be dependent on how your contract was written. Most standard contracts - at least here in the Phoenix area - would be ten calendar days from the contract's acceptance. Check with your agent or read your contract to determine how it calculates days ... but I'd imagine it's ten calendar days.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 14, 2008
Hello Yuma,

The 10 day inspection period begins when the attorney review expires and it is 10 calendar days including Sat. and Sun. Your confusion with the counting of days could be from the counting of time during the attorney review period which doesn't include weekends and holidays. I hope this information helps you.Have a great day