oriana102785, Home Buyer in 01960

Title V lead to contaminated land???

Asked by oriana102785, 01960 Wed May 23, 2012

I am interested in a bank owned property that states that it has a failed title V... Can that lead to contaminated land? If so how much does it usually cost to fix contaminated land?

Answers

4
Scott A. Nelson’s answer
You could request all the info on the Title V inspection report and that will tell you what & why it failed. It'll also list the company that did the inspection. You can then ask them for an estimate on the costs involved. Also contact the local board of health for other approved private sewerage companies for their estimates on their estimate on costs. There could be minor issues involved that can be easily remedied but still made the system fail or more extensive issues such as the whole system being undersized or outdated for the property or other environmental issues.

Good luck in your search, check back and let us know how you make out, it helps others with similar questions & grows the commmunity's growing knowledge base.
I don't think it would be considered contaminated. A failed system is typically functioning but may be too small, a cess pool, too close to the well source, or in need of a pipe or tank repair. I would suggest speaking to a septic repair company. I would also say that time and money is neede to repair a system and if this is bank owned you may want to avoid the home unless you are buying the house with cash.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 24, 2012
I would ask a local septic guy.
Some areas have clay or boulders and make a spetic repair/ replacement costly.
Other areas have sand are much less expensive.

You can make a better offer after knowing what an experienced local septic professional can do for you.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
It is costly to fix a septic system. Oil and things are considered contaminants septic bubbling up is just gross. The septic people can answer your questions better because they deal with it everyday,