Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

Kaela, Real Estate Pro in Jacksonville, FL

Tips on taking and passing the real estate exam

Asked by Kaela, Jacksonville, FL Fri Aug 2, 2013

I am getting ready to go to the week long real estate class. I started the class online a while ago and that just did not work out. What should I do to make sure I pass the first time?

Answers

11
Timothy Letts’ answer
The school test will be so much of a breeze it's not even funny. The state test, on the other hand, is a bit different. You will see probably half of your school stuff on the state test. The other half, you will think of it as Ancient Hebrew.

Use common sense first and foremost. You will get 10 questions right if you were to walk in today and take the test, simply using common sense. Knowing your schooling will get you 50 points easy. Now, comes the tricky part. You need to get 15 more right. I think anyone that gives half a darn can get a 60. You will probably look at about 40 questions and think "where in the ____ was this in the school material!?!?!" - Don't panic. Use your head, they will try and trick you but make educated guesses using the information you obtained in school and you will get it.

Now, going back to the schooling thing. If you know what they taught, you get 50, if you KNOW THE BOOK, you can pass the test with flying colors.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 2, 2013
-
-
FLORIDA MORTGAGE BROKER RESPONDING...

Don't read too much into the questions. Go thru and answer all the ones you know first, then go back to the hard ones. Skipping thru to the end sometimes helps you answer others you passed up.

Then once you pass, forget all that completely non- real world, irrelevant info and actually learn about selling real estate and how to making money doing it!

Seems everybody and their mother has had a real estate lic. at one time, and I have had one too. Dealing with the public is where it gets tough and then.... there is dealing with other realtors, especially the ones who tell you they've been selling real estate for 173 yrs, etc.

Here are a few piece of advice for any new realtor, do this and you'll be a lot more successful, a lot faster!

http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/07/mortgage_advice_…

==
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing that link. I am taking my exam tomorrow myself !
Flag Fri Nov 15, 2013
Melissa is spot on. Take alot of practice tests, study, live, and breath real estate until you pass. Good luck Kaela!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 2, 2013
Take the cram course before taking the test. Definitely worth it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 2, 2013
Pay for practice test exams. There are many of them online, some free, but most are not free. Trust me the $50 you will spend on the state practice exams will help you ace this test
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 2, 2013
where did you take your ny exam?
Flag Sun Nov 17, 2013
Hey guys make sure to check this video will defiantly help you out by tons to pass the Real estate exam! goes into detail chapter by chapter! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0nMAH21BEs
focus and read between the lines, its not difficult just make sure you pay attention to the important chapters like 5,9,12,15 & 20 Key chapters
check out this youtube video aswell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFX1215kdK8

hope it helps good luck! youll pas no doubt
I took the online class...passed online test here in florida.

I Studied ONLY the Real Estate Exam Manual for Sales Associates and Brokers 37th Editions by Linda Crawford. I did all 600+ practice questions dozens of times for about a week. The questions that I missed several times I would look up and take note. I honestly think that the math questions in the Exam Manual were 10times Harder then the ACTUAL math questions on the state exam. I took the test yesterday for the 1st time and passed.... The Exam Manual was instrumental in my success with the exam.
Take the real estate exam prep course. Make flash cards. Study, study, study.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 24, 2014
If you have not watched Ron Climer's free real estate math videos on You Tube, go watch them. The Florida real estate exam is ten per cent math. It is easier to pass the test if you get ten out of ten on the math. All the math that is on the Florida real estate exam is on these You Tube videos.

Be aware that the Florida real estate exam has a 50 50 pass ratio for first time takers and a 33% pass ratio for retakers . Do not underestimate the Florida real estate exam. Climer school of Real Estate has a free practice exam on their website. Go take that practice exam . It is free.

If you don't have Linda Crawford's "Exam Manual for Sales Associates", get a copy of it. It is the best study aid available . It has 400 practice questions. Everything that is on the Florida real estate exam is in that book. Also, if you went to a Florida real estate school, you probably have Linda Crawford's textbook. This is the textbook that most real estate schools in Florida use. Answer all the practice questions at the end of the chapters in that book.

Take a small box of chocolate candy to the exam site. Smile and give the candy to the clerk and tell her that you want the easy test.