Home Buying in Murphy>Question Details

indigo5703, Other/Just Looking in Murphy, NC

Three things I've wondered about: What do folks do with their garbage/trash/recyclables who live in the mountains?

Asked by indigo5703, Murphy, NC Wed May 22, 2013

Also, do most folks living in mountain log homes feel they do not need A/C? And is there a problem with mosquitoes while enjoying the beautiful scenery from unscreened decks? Thanks!

Answers

2
We have a landfil you can take your garbage it is open 7 days a week,there are also green boxes in several locations throught the county for residence to use. If you live in town of Andrews or Murphy we have once a week garbage pickup. There are also independent garbage collectors that service the county and they will come by your house and collect your garbage.
You either take them to the local county landfill or in many places you can simply arrange for private pick up. (They then take it to the landfill).

We're not immune from mosquitoes, though most years their not overly bad more than 6-8 weeks out of the year, a breeze is the best solution as they don't like moving air (I've used box fans on my deck and this also works though you get the noise of the fan) and a screened in porch is a wonderful thing.

AC is a subjective thing. I think having the option of using it is worth the expense.