romangregory, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

Thoughts on 78754 - looking at KB home development in the area

Asked by romangregory, Austin, TX Wed Apr 2, 2014

Out of state working in Silicon Valley - looking to move out to Austin to take advantage of much lower rent while working remotely for a SV company.

Any thoughts on 78754 - there are new single family homes available from KB. It looks a little bit away from the hotter market of central / west Austin, but does this area have potential?

Thank you!

Welcome to Texas! You not only have a lower rent but lower mortgage as well and there's no state income tax here! I used to live near Silicon Valley and I have to tell you that I don't miss it a bit!

You will need to find a local realtor to help you find a property, and if you've never been to Austin then you should come and visit and have a look around the area.

Susie Kay, Realtor®
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Hi Roman; What is your number one priority? A KB home or the 78754 zip code to live in?? While we all have many wishes in our new home...knowing what the top 3 "must have" priorities really helps you to narrow down the search. I specialize in just the new home communities ....so I know where, what, and when of the Austin area builders, and having a representative like myself will ensure you of ALL the incentives that the builders currently offer. GIVE ME A CALL NOW!

Linda Quist
There are quite a few areas you should investigate before purchasing. And you might want to take a look at resale homes as well as new homes, as you will pay a higher premium for a brand-new home versus a resale, much like a new car versus a used car. I do work in both genres and would be happy to help at no cost to you, and happen to also be one of the top agents in the greater Austin area.

I also own a new home construction company so I know that side of the business very well, worked for a new home company for quite a while as well, and have a great team of lenders, inspectors, etc. on my team. I also do not charge anything for my extensive services. One thing you should note is that if you are going to visit Austin and visit any new home communities, you MUST have your Realtor present at the time of your first visit, otherwise the new home builder will try to separate you from your Realtor as typically the buyer does not have the negotiating experience or clout that a Realtor with a large company like mine, Keller Williams Realty has. In fact, Keller Williams Realty is #1 by a landslide in the greater Austin area and I typically get better deals for my clients because we sell more homes than other brokers typically.

Free to contact me and I'll be happy to discuss your situation, what your short and long-term goals are, and what I may be able to do to assist you! Thanks, Joe

Joe Jarusinsky, REALTOR®, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Call 512-261-4415

There are actually a lot of different areas that may be of interest of you. It would really make sense to check them out. Set up a day or two where you can see the different neighborhoods and locations and then see how that fits into your lifestyle. I would also advise looking at what different builders have to offer as well. Some may offer better floor plans that suit your needs better.

If you would like to talk about this more please feel free to call or email me. I am also a Texas wholesale mortgage broker and Realtor so I can help you with any financing questions if you are not a cash buyer. The more you know and understand the area the better you will be able to make the right decision for you.

Hope this helps.

Don Groff | REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 | listings@dongroff.com
websites: http://www.AustinListed.com | http://www.360LendingGroup.com

I work with some investors that like to purchase home to sell or rent and make money,
If you can work remotely It would be the best for you to buy a home here in Austin and live in
it and if didn’t liked it. be able to sell it in a few years and make some money or rent it, Austin is
growing and when you purchase a home in its market price or hopefully lower you can’t go
wrong,,, don’t limit your search to only one area, if you like to get more information, let me know
I will e-mail you the list of homes that I believe is a sound purchase for your situation.
Since cities tend to grow & "fill in" in concentric circles around the city center all areas close in have potential. Timing to get in just ahead of the newest hot area is another issue. Economic forecasts for Austin and vicinity is growth growth growth. 78754 does have a relatively close in location - only 10 miles to University of Texas / downtown and close to major employers.

I am an architect as well as a broker and have lots of building experience. My background provides a unique vision to help my clients find the perfect homes for their situation. I have helped my clients get great builder incentive deals for new homes.

Send me some more detailed criteria and price ranges and I'll get started finding you a great home!

?Claire McIntyre, Architect / Real Estate Broker / Builder
512 699 9912
MMI McIntyre Associates
Real Estate Brokerage
McIntyre & McIntyre Inc
Architecture / Engineering
Project Management
I definitely have some other areas that I prefer from an investment standpoint....simply because there is a lot of undeveloped land in the area. Having said that, the location has nice access via different routes and the prices are great.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me anytime without obligation. I can certainly help you with resale, new construction, and achieving your home buying goals.

Steve Nusinow
Hi Roman,

Looking at the specific area you have in mind i do see a couple of resale homes also you may want to consider. I see a 3840 sqft home for 239K putting price per sqft at about $62.52 and built in 2001. Unless you are just driven to buy new, then you might want to take a peek at the resales in the area. Especially to determine the general after market trends in the area. While that area hasn't been as historically known to appreciate as much as some other parts of Austin. The price per sqft has been attractive for some time, and if the value in those terms is your goal, then you are on to a great area. If this is an investment to potentially rent or sell in a not to distant future scenario, then I might instead lead you to some other areas. Also I have linked here the Austin Crime stats per zip code for consideration. http://austintexas.gov/page/crime-information-listed-zip-code

Let me know if you want someone who appreciates the art of negotiation to assist you in your transaction as I do love representing clients as a BUYERS AGENT. This is certainly a sellers market in general so consider getting a little local firepower on your side. Especially with builders like KB, the costs are paid by the seller, so really, it is only to your advantage to be represented. Also I track all the latest incentive packages offered by the local builders.

I hope this was helpful!

Mitch McKenzie
Star Republic Realty
Austin sucks big time!
We moved from the Bay Area because of all the wrong reasons.
Me and my family never been more miserable in our lifes like being in Austin.
Never hated a city more than I hate this place.
Do yourself a huge favor, stay where you are, wherever it is, it's better than down here.
Barnhill .management, I don't know about your personal situation. However, if you worked for me, and I read this post, you wouldn't be working for me much longer.
Flag Wed Apr 2, 2014
You need to update your profile as I am pretty sure Folsom, CA isn't that close to Austin. I was raised in Milpitas California in the Bay Area and came here in 1982. I have gone back to California to live once in the early 1990's and was back to Austin within 2 years, and LOVE IT. To each his own, but Folsom is not Austin, you are right about that.
Flag Wed Apr 2, 2014
Sounds like a great plan. KB and DR Horton both have new builds out in 78754. I think that is an ideal place for people to buy who want to stay fairly close to downtown without paying a lot. Do you have kids? That will play into the decision as well. Let me know what specific questions you have. I am happy to help and my services are free of charge to you. We have been helping people buy new and resale homes here in Austin for over 40 years.

Dan Burstain, Realtor