Home Buying in Mount Pocono>Question Details

Drljz, Home Buyer in Edinboro, PA

This website shows larceny and burglary in Mount Pocono is unusually high -http://www.clrsearch.com/Mount_Pocono_Demographics/PA/18344/Crime-Rate.

Asked by Drljz, Edinboro, PA Mon Jul 9, 2012

Generally, the question is how secure must your home be to deter criminal acts within the Poconos? Specifically, do many homeowners secure their homes with electronic surveillance prtotection systems? Thanks!

Answers

3
My name is Sean Loucas. I design security solutions for homes and small business's in the poconos.
I have to say this is the busiest season I have had ann a long time....
If you would like a free security risk assessment give me a call so we can get our calendars together. I would be happy help....

Sean Loucas
610-704-2120
Some homeowners do have alarms and deterents in all areas. You must decide the protection best for your home and family.This is not Pocono specific.
What percentages of homes that you represent have security systems?
Flag Mon Jul 9, 2012
The statistics show % of risk larceny is high. There is a WalMart, Lowes, KMart and many other stores. Burglary and theft are lumped with shoplifting and are all theft and robbery larceny?. Are you trying to talk youself out of the area or trying to talk yourself into the area? Crime is everywhere. Have you ever visited Mt Pocono, and felt threatened? I never have. Call the Pocono Regional Police to find out the facts.
Thank you for the explanation that suggests the statistics are skewed due to
large retail stores in the area. We live in a very low crime area. We are looking at the Poconos for a retirement home and want to be well informed, especially about the security we would needed when we are away from the home. My wife grew up in a large city near the Poconos and is well aware of crime there; however, we have been away from the area for some time. Frankly, I am not worried about being threatened either, but remain concerned that precautions will need to taken when owning property in a vacation area.
Flag Mon Jul 9, 2012